Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agape

What kind of moisturizer, concealer & foundation is best?

I've tried using moisturizers for acne skin and they seem to cause me to break out even more. I know all this OTC med is causing me to be very dry, but don't know what to do about it. Also, does concealer really conceal? I know it helps to hide red spots, but I have cysts and small bumps. Even liquid foundation only seems to hide color and yet still shows bumps everywhere there is a problem. I read where some on here say they use a brush to apply foundation. What kind of foundation do you apply with a brush? I've been using Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation.

Thanks for any help/info.

There is no *best.* What is best for me might not be the best for you.

Have you tried using Cetaphil for a moisturizer? I've used that for a few years and it is great. Currently I'm using Lac Hydrin 5, which contains AHA. I would recommend trying Lac Hydrin 5 if you want a moisturizer with AHA to exfoliate your skin.

Concealer and foundation will not change the surface texture of your skin. If you have a bump, the bump will be visible even if you are wearing concealer and foundation. It will not be red or shiny, but you will still see the bump.

Cream and liquid foundations can be applied with a foundation brush.

i agree with rush, whats good for one person may not be good for another. the one thing that i use that i think is worth passing on though is my moisturizer, i use cetaphil, but i do one pump of that and mix it with one pump of eucerin redness relief moisturizer, i find that the eucerin on its own is too thick and stays green on me (it has a green tint) but the 2 together do tone down my redness. and now that i've typed all this out i realized that i don't even know if redness is a problem for you. phew.

i, too, like cetaphil. i mix in a drop or two of AHA. i found that this mix doesnt clump up wheni apply make up unlike other moisturizers i've tried.

as for concealer, i dunno. i'm in search of a good concealer myself. in fact today, i went n got me the chanel one. i forgot what it was called but it has a brush tip. it seemed to blend in nicely over my foundation. is concealer s'posed to be put on under or over foundation?

i'm luvin my foundation right now. i'm using chanel double perfection compact foundation. it's pricey but to me, worth it.

i wish you the best in finding what works for you. along with the other posts on this thread, i think different things work for different people. good luck!

i, too, like cetaphil. i mix in a drop or two of AHA. i found that this mix doesnt clump up wheni apply make up unlike other moisturizers i've tried.

as for concealer, i dunno. i'm in search of a good concealer myself. in fact today, i went n got me the chanel one. i forgot what it was called but it has a brush tip. it seemed to blend in nicely over my foundation. is concealer s'posed to be put on under or over foundation?

i'm luvin my foundation right now. i'm using chanel double perfection compact foundation. it's pricey but to me, worth it.

i wish you the best in finding what works for you. along with the other posts on this thread, i think different things work for different people. good luck!

Apply whenever is best for you. I apply mine over foundation because you can rub the concealer off of the blemish/spot depending on what method you use to apply foundation.

Apply whenever is best for you. I apply mine over foundation because you can rub the concealer off of the blemish/spot depending on what method you use to apply foundation.

thanks, rush! i'll def try it.

the best moisturizer (for my skin) is Complex 15. It's simple (ingredient wise) and works really well for my skin.

I don't use foundation and as a concealer I use Almay line smoothing.