Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few days ago, I had a whitehead that I popped, but the bump would not go away even after I got the sebum out.

My mom loves popping my pimples, and she said that the reason it was not going away was because I needed to get out all the blood in there, because it was infected.

When she was 'done' with me, I looked in the mirror and was horrified to see a huge round bloody hole in the whitehead's place!

She said it would go away in just a day, but it's been many days and it's still there. The skin there is hard, and it feels like a scab. But I'm afraid it's going to stay that way or leave a permanent mark.

Is what she says true? That "you have to get all the 'infected' blood out too, or else the pimple will just reappear"? She said she read that in some dermatology magazine but I'm not going to trust her on anything skin-related ever again.

P.S. Yes I know popping pimples is really frowned upon, but BP just doesn't work fast enough when I have to go to school with zits!

A few days ago, I had a whitehead that I popped, but the bump would not go away even after I got the sebum out.

My mom loves popping my pimples, and she said that the reason it was not going away was because I needed to get out all the blood in there, because it was infected.

When she was 'done' with me, I looked in the mirror and was horrified to see a huge round bloody hole in the whitehead's place!

She said it would go away in just a day, but it's been many days and it's still there. The skin there is hard, and it feels like a scab. But I'm afraid it's going to stay that way or leave a permanent mark.

Is what she says true? That "you have to get all the 'infected' blood out too, or else the pimple will just reappear"? She said she read that in some dermatology magazine but I'm not going to trust her on anything skin-related ever again.

P.S. Yes I know popping pimples is really frowned upon, but BP just doesn't work fast enough when I have to go to school with zits!

No, that doesn't sound like a good method to me. While it can be helpful sometimes to have spots professionallyextracted, at home surgery is generally not a good idea. Its one thing to pop a pustule that is ready to go, but it should not involve invasive digging into your skin, which is what it sounds like your mom did. Did she put anything on it afterwards? You might try getting neosporin CREAM (not the ointment) and applying that to it. What she did to it can actually spread the infection in the pimple to the surrounding skin, or make the pimple get more infected and go deeper into the skin. I would also leave any other topicals off the spot until it heals.

No, that doesn't sound like a good method to me. While it can be helpful sometimes to have spots professionallyextracted, at home surgery is generally not a good idea. Its one thing to pop a pustule that is ready to go, but it should not involve invasive digging into your skin, which is what it sounds like your mom did. Did she put anything on it afterwards? You might try getting neosporin CREAM (not the ointment) and applying that to it. What she did to it can actually spread the infection in the pimple to the surrounding skin, or make the pimple get more infected and go deeper into the skin. I would also leave any other topicals off the spot until it heals.

Whatever you do, don't pick at it. You should be fine - if it's scabbing and shit, that's a good thing. It's on the way to a good recovery and your "scar" will probably be incredibly minor if it's even noticeable. Just don't fucking pick at it if you're worried about scarring.