Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had moderate acne before I started antibiotics a year ago and now its very mild. Im scared of accutanes side effects and wouldnt want to take it except that my face is SO OILY! every 2 hours of my life I have to blot, its such a hassle to be doing it every 2 hours of my waking life! but i have to, its that oily! Id do anything to get my oil level down to normal or at least to the point where i dont have to blot every day.

Would accutane be a good choice for me? what would it do for my oily skin in the long run?

when i went on tane one of the biggest reliefs was not having to deal with the oil. after i finished my course it came back but not nearly as bad, and the accutane changed my skin so now topicals like BP actually work.

Yup, helps with oil, doesn't stop it totally (it will while you are on it, but after it will come back, just less). So after you had finished the course, you may have to blot once or twice a day maybe, just nowhere near as often.

Other alternatives maybe look into B5 or the fish oil thread in holistic section.