Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stocko

Dry, Flakey Skin

Hi, Im using 3 drops of jojoba oil at night then next morning im dry and flakey.

When I scratch dry parts lots of flakes appear. Need UK products or any advise please.

I have a GF now my personality helped please let me give her a good face. My acne is light now just require help on dry skin. I dont use anything just jojoba

You should use jojoba oil the next morning as well when you wash not just as night. Also you could give Lac Hydrin a try, im using both of those so if you have any questions let me know.

Jojoba oil won't do nothing with your flakey skin. You need to remove those dead skin cells.

I think an AHA moisturizer would help out a lot. Some people are disappointed with AHA moisturizers when they first start using them because they expect it to take care of flaking right away, but it's a gradual process. You need to use an AHA regularly for a month or two to see results, but doing this took care of almost all of my flaking since the AHA gradually loosened more and more dead skin until there wasn't much left to loosen.

You could also use a few more drops of jojoba. When I apply it, I massage it into my face for several minutes in small gentle circles. If there is any flaking skin, the jojoba oil can pick it up and loosen it, and then you can get it on your fingers and just wash it away. I think this will help too, especially if you keep it up for a while.

Are you applying jojoba before or after bp and to a damp or dry face? I found applying to a damp face before bp did best when I was on dkr.

Are you applying jojoba before or after bp and to a damp or dry face? I found applying to a damp face before bp did best when I was on dkr.

I never experienced the dry flakey skin that most everyone on the regimen has experienced. I am not sure why. It could be that my skin was naturally extremely oily before starting the regimen. It could also be that I moisturized heavy 2x daily from day 1 of the regimen and I also started manually exfoliating a week into the regimen and I have done it every evening whether I saw flakes or not.

I only know what I have read about the Jojoba Oil but alot of people said it has worked for them to control the flakes. Maybe try using it 2x a day. Maybe try mixing it with a good moisturizer. Alot of people are using a baby brush to manually exfoliate and that seems to work. I use a battery operated toothbrush with an ultra soft bristled brush on it. It works great for me but Dan and the admins would say thats too harsh. My skin has been hardened from years of abuse of chemicals and sunworshipping. If you have sensitive skin I would not recommend this method. Stick with the baby brush. Like Kim said, AHA will help over time but be warned that some people said the flakes got worse before they got better because the AHA has to do its job of getting rid of the dead skin cells.

Let us know what you tried and what helped so it can be passed on to someone else. Lorrie

AHA moisturizer helped me a lot

where do you get your aha moisturiser from?? im from the uk and can't find any

Have you tried Eucerin dry skin relief face cream (at boots). The best moisturiser in the uk IMO but is quite expensive but still well worth it.

I'll second this notion. It's what I use when I need to moisturise (not very often) although it is £10 a pop from Boots.

PS - HURRAY @ A Libertines fan! Roll on the reunion!

Yes I have, unfortunately I cant use it. Contains fragrance and alchohol, makes me shit red and shiny. Out of the question.

I need something soothing, moisturizing with AHA to use with my Jojoba. I think that would make my girlfriend very happy.

Please what ingredients does AHA stand for? What am I looking at on the ingredients list peeps?

Stocko,

AHA stands for alpha hydroxy acid. On ingredient labels it will be listed usually as glycolic acid or lactic acid.

But, if one of your concerns is ongoing redness, AHA probably is not the best solution. AHA's often cause redness, especially in higher concentrations.

Have you tried using the jojoba twice daily as suggested by some of the replies above?

I have a GF now my funnyness and muscles helped please let me give her a good face. My acne is light now just require help on dry skin. I dont use anything just jojoba

It is because your moisturizing at night. When you moisturize your face, dead skin cells cannot flake off properly because the moisturizer is hydrating it. Same with sebum. If sebum reaches the surface of the skin, dead skin cells won't be able to flake off either.

You should exfoliate and then moisturize.

The thing with exfoliating is, how do I do it? I had this exfoliate cream it just drys me up and doesnt take any flakes off.

When I rub my face i get lots of flakes showing, i think its stopping oil from soothing my face because the more dry i get through the day the more oily i am.

I have a GF now my funnyness and muscles helped please let me give her a good face. My acne is light now just require help on dry skin. I dont use anything just jojoba

Stocko!! So good to hear that you're feeling better now! I just reread some of your previous posts and it seems you've done quite a turnaround in the last month, eh...? As bad as you felt then, you must have still been attractive if you now have a new girlfriend!

I'm thinkin' it was the personality that really pulled her in... :dance: Clearing up the dryness would just be a bonus!