Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, my dermitologist perscribe me DOXYCIN 100m capsules" and a gel called "CLINDOXYL GEL" (clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5% ).

i have moderate ance that comes time to time...anyway... i've been taking this medication for about 9 days now.....my major pimples have gone

but it was replaced with blemishes..... (but still have these tiny pimples coming up ..that normal too..also my skin near my jaw line looks kinda rough..... is this all normal.. side effects of the meds i am taken ????)

NOW THE QUESTION IS .... do i still apply the CLINDOXYL GEL" (clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5% ). to the blemish areas where the pimples were....

won't that be a bad idea cuz applying the bp , won't it stop the reconstruction of the skin to re-heal...????

i don't know..pls..if anyone know..let me know...?????? sad.gif

I was on both medicines last year, plus Tazaroc gel.

My advice? Prescription topicals and pills can be too harsh and have icky side effects (weight gain, gas, etc). I had cystic acne that cleared up 100% once I started using Dan's regimen. Here's what I do, morning and night:

Purpose cleansing wash, wait 15 min.

Proactiv Repairing Lotion (2.5% bp), wait 15 min.

Cetaphil moisterizer with SPF 15, Parsol 1789, UVA & UVB protection

ok,

but did those medication work fo ryou, the ones you used same as i am currently using now ?

also did it clear up your ance well.......

what were yoru side effects on these drugs... ???

example..did you have major or minor breakout, did they last long...

blemishes after the ance has subsided....

did you contimnue usihng the gel onyour blemishes?

also your regiment you are using now... working really well for you ?

ok, 

but did those medication work fo ryou, the ones you used same as i am currently using now ?

also did it clear up your ance well.......

what were yoru side effects on these drugs... ???

example..did you have major or minor breakout, did they last long...

blemishes after the ance has subsided....

did you contimnue usihng the gel onyour blemishes?

also your regiment you are using now... working really well for you ?

i will try your regiment out with the

Purpose cleansing wash, wait 15 min.

Proactiv Repairing Lotion (2.5% bp), wait 15 min.

Cetaphil moisterizer with SPF 15, Parsol 1789, UVA & UVB protection..

so why don't you jsut use the proactiv pack..you are stull buying th package and not using the others...bottles.. but anywya i try yoru regiment thank you !!!

You can buy the pieces seperately. biggrin.gif/ Anyway make sure you use alot of the Proactiv b/c that is the main idea behind Dan's regimen. Good Luck w/ it!

You're welcome, and good luck clearing you skin. It took about 2-3 weeks for me to see results, but that Proactiv Repairing lotion is a lifesaver. My sister told me they have a Proactiv kiosk at Sawgrass Mills Mall in South Florida (where I live), so I'm gonna see how good their deals are versus eBay.

i was wondering,

you mentioned after taking the same perscription meds that i was taken......once you finihsed it....

did you start using dans's regiment with the cleanser the proactive skin reparit bp and a mositurizer......

now the question is... did u have a small breakout agin since you are using this new regimtent..or did teh meds that you took before take care of all this..

i hope you understand what i am tryign to say....

Will it be like doign it all over ????

I also wanted to mention..

i am still on these meds DOXYCIN 100m capsules" and a gel called "CLINDOXYL GEL" (clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5% ).

And they are working..but once the full cycle is complete.. should i start using yoru regiment with the cleanser and proactiv repairer lotion and moisterizer.....

will i get those small breakouts and all....?

since i kinda using a new regiment but my face is clear form my previous medications i was on...... ???

(i have mild ot moderate acne tiem to time )

If your routine is working, why change it?

I was on Clindoxyl before I used Tazorac, (I was also on Mino) and I wouldn't change my routine for a million bucks. I was perfectly clear, but wanted the skin rejuventation benefits of tazorac, so I switched.

It's nice to know what works for others, but if yours is working, assuming it does, just stick with it, and once it works, don't test your luck, keep doing it exactly as prescribed.

Before ro-accutane my acne consisted of blemishes mainly on my cheeks rather than pimples glore.

Into 8th week and my blemishes have cleared real well...my mates said skins looking paler in better way... and i must admit as much as i nit-pick about my skin i have noticed the improvement smile.gif

Maybe that could help?