Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NothingWorks

Avoiding initial breakout

I finally convinced myself; I wil start Accutane on Monday! :dance:

Now I just need to let the experts of this forum to help me avoid the initial breakout.

Are there some things I can do (diet-wise...etc) or something I can take so it doesn't occur?

Thank you.

I actually got a IB on my Day 5... but I used a little bit of BP to calm it down and it seem that it worked a bit.. but not at 100% ... You can try it out but you need to moisture your skin if you want to do that

Tricky question there.

Some people take some kind of antibiotic with the Tane during the 1st few weeks... but they seem to breakout anyways, i say u cant avoid it but u can reduce the spots... hey! not everyone gets it so just hope your one of them!! Goodluck!

Tricky question there.

Some people take some kind of antibiotic with the Tane during the 1st few weeks... but they seem to breakout anyways, i say u cant avoid it but u can reduce the spots... hey! not everyone gets it so just hope your one of them!! Goodluck!

you might not get an IB, most people don't. you can go on an antibiotic to hopefully prevent or reduce an IB. i was on cephalexin, and i didn't get an IB.

Now I just need to let the experts of this forum to help me avoid the initial breakout.

Are there some things I can do (diet-wise...etc) or something I can take so it doesn't occur?

Thank you.

Tricky question there.

^in my case i had been taking cephalexin, and she just told me to keep taking it.

I went back to using my over the counter products when I started on Accutane....and well, my IB kind of sucked.

The good news is; it could be your last break out ever. :)

to avoid it my doctor recommended that i take 1/3 of the dosage the first week, 2/3 the second and a full dosage the third this allows your body to get used to the drug and dryness

Thank you.