Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TOOKER

What is the chance of my acne staying away permanently?

ok so im currently on my 4h month of accutane. I was on for 3 months..then was off for about 2 1/2 weeks. Then went back on.

Im on 40MG per day, i weigh 130lb's and my acne was mild.

So can someone tell me wat the chances are of my acne staying away permanently after my 6month course is over? i remember there was some way of calculating it, but i forgot.

thanx.

I dont know anything about calculations but my advice would be: DONT override your skin again with lots of acne products, its like starting fresh when you're done, keep it simple.

i wouldnt worry about the couple of wks break u had that shouldnt effect it. i cant totally remember the calculator thing either but ive read other ppl on here being on 40mg a day for 5 months and they have been fine. how have u found the course? did u clear up pretty quick?

i wouldnt worry about the couple of wks break u had that shouldnt effect it. i cant totally remember the calculator thing either but ive read other ppl on here being on 40mg a day for 5 months and they have been fine. how have u found the course? did u clear up pretty quick?

130lb = 60kg

Cumulative dose per kg = (40*28*6) / 60 = 112mg

(That is assuming your dose is 40mg/day the whole 6 months)

The recommended cumulative dose per kg for acne not returning is 125mg - 150mg.

However I don't think there is a way of calculating the actual chance of it returning, it's just they recommended that cumulative dose per kg.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to calculate the exact percentage of it staying away.. It varies from person to person so it wouldn't work.

Yea, i cleared up in about 1 month,worked great. Only side effects were dry skin and eyes.

yes, 50% chance of curing acne permanently with on course if you have a cumulative dose of at least 120mg/kg.

yes, 50% chance of curing acne permanently with on course if you have a cumulative dose of at least 120mg/kg.

i'm not sure, but it's a lot higher. and if the acne does come back, it is almost always more mild.