Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sabrinanyc

Wheatgrass is a true miracle!!

hey sabrinanyc, can u tell me if the wheatgrass ur taking contains soy? (or if it is labelled as "soy-free") thanks!

I got some powdered "Amazing Grass" and will be drinking 3 8 gram servings daily. I will update with my progress.

I got some powdered "Amazing Grass" and will be drinking 3 8 gram servings daily. I will update with my progress.

3.8 or 38? There are 8 grams in a tablespoon (my skin really cleared when I went up to 3 tablepoons = 24 grams). So it sounds like you're taking a really small amout or a hge amount. Let me know.

hey sabrinanyc, can u tell me if the wheatgrass ur taking contains soy? (or if it is labelled as "soy-free") thanks!

3.8 or 38? There are 8 grams in a tablespoon (my skin really cleared when I went up to 3 tablepoons = 24 grams). So it sounds like you're taking a really small amout or a hge amount. Let me know.

Which form of wheatgrass is the best? Powder, tablets or directly into juice? How do they compare to each other?

Well according to amazinggrass.com it's actually better to take in in powder form than juice form. I've heard contradictory opinions on this however.

Stuff tastes frickin' horrible at first but I'm starting to get used to it.

Well according to amazinggrass.com it's actually better to take in in powder form than juice form. I've heard contradictory opinions on this however.

I've used pomegranate and tangerine juice since they are both really strong. Seemed to help mask the taste.

I tried it with carbonated pink lemonade one time. I almost threw up.

It helps to drink it with a straw and put the straw as far back in your mouth as you can. I speed-drink mine since you can only really taste it after you stop drinking.

I would imagine the best way to take Wheatgass is to grow it or buy it fresh fom you health food store if they juice it. Both of these options are great, but too time -consuming and complicated for me right now (I would have to go to my health food store 3X a day to get the juice fresh.) I will look into growing wheatgrass eventually, but for now I am very happy with the powder. The powder is assimilated into the body better than tablets.

I've discovered that if you mix the wheatgrass powder with a green drink (like odwalla superfood) you can't even taste it. Too bad they are really expensive.

I just had my first taste of wheat grass (mixed with grape juice)

All I have to say is YUCK!!!!!

This stuff tastes horrible!

I will have to try it in other things to see if I can tolerate it better. I only made it through half a serving this time.

If anyone has a mixture that tastes better please let me know.

Thanks!

I would imagine the best way to take Wheatgass is to grow it or buy it fresh fom you health food store if they juice it. Both of these options are great, but too time -consuming and complicated for me right now (I would have to go to my health food store 3X a day to get the juice fresh.) I will look into growing wheatgrass eventually, but for now I am very happy with the powder. The powder is assimilated into the body better than tablets.

Thanks for your input. I've been unable to find any wheatgrass powder in health store here but I did find some juice so I'll try that for now. Is it less expensive in powder form?

I've used pomegranate and tangerine juice since they are both really strong. Seemed to help mask the taste.

I tried it with carbonated pink lemonade one time. I almost threw up.

It helps to drink it with a straw and put the straw as far back in your mouth as you can. I speed-drink mine since you can only really taste it after you stop drinking.

I got part of another serving down this morning. I'll try different juices to see what one is best. I think putting the straw towards the back of the mouth works good too. I think I burped this crap for about 2 hours after I drank it. yuck!

Oh, well. At least its good for you even if in the end it doesn't work on my skin. Time will tell.

well since I saw your Hemp Seed post I began using my Hemp Seed Protein Powder again, but this time consistently and noticed a drastic improvement, so I am with you on this one.

I have this stuff that I was using for a few days with the Hemp Seed and feel like I was more clear when I was using it, but it made my shakes taste absolutely terrible, I think I will try it again and drink it alone with juice. It is similar to wheat grass and has it in it, but has more things for people who can tolerate things other than just wheat grass.

It is called Perfect Food .. by Garden of Life .. Super Green Formula... got it at Whole Foods Market.. cost me $25.

I will make a new post if it works like I hope it does. .

it contains.

46 phytonutrient-dense superfoods

13 Sprouted Ingredients

Fermented Whole Foods Ingredients

10 Probiotic Strains

Perfect Green Juice Blend...... 5000mg... the usu

Barley Grass Juice, Alfalfa Grass Juice, Wheat Grass Juice, Oat Grass Juice

Perfect Protein-Mineral Blend........3300mg

Spirulina, Rice Bran Solubles, Chlorella, Calcified Red Algae, Various Kelp Species

ProtenZyme Whole Food Matrix.......1200mg

Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Wheat Grass, Alfalfa Grass, Sprouts of Amaranth, Quinoa, Millet, Buckwheat, Adzuki Beans, Garbanzo Beans, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Flax Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, Sesame Seeds

Acerola Cherry Extract........300mg

Perfect Veggie Juice Blend........200mg

Beet, Carrot, Broccoli, Cucumber, Tomato, Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Parsley, Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Bell Pepper, Ginger, Onion

Probiotics. the usual suspects... 1 Billion CFU..... 7mg

well since I saw your Hemp Seed post I began using my Hemp Seed Protein Powder again, but this time consistently and noticed a drastic improvement, so I am with you on this one.

I have this stuff that I was using for a few days with the Hemp Seed and feel like I was more clear when I was using it, but it made my shakes taste absolutely terrible, I think I will try it again and drink it alone with juice. It is similar to wheat grass and has it in it, but has more things for people who can tolerate things other than just wheat grass.

It is called Perfect Food .. by Garden of Life .. Super Green Formula... got it at Whole Foods Market.. cost me $25.

I will make a new post if it works like I hope it does. .

it contains.

46 phytonutrient-dense superfoods

13 Sprouted Ingredients

Fermented Whole Foods Ingredients

10 Probiotic Strains

Perfect Green Juice Blend...... 5000mg... the usu

Barley Grass Juice, Alfalfa Grass Juice, Wheat Grass Juice, Oat Grass Juice

Perfect Protein-Mineral Blend........3300mg

Spirulina, Rice Bran Solubles, Chlorella, Calcified Red Algae, Various Kelp Species

ProtenZyme Whole Food Matrix.......1200mg

Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Wheat Grass, Alfalfa Grass, Sprouts of Amaranth, Quinoa, Millet, Buckwheat, Adzuki Beans, Garbanzo Beans, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Flax Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, Sesame Seeds

Acerola Cherry Extract........300mg

Perfect Veggie Juice Blend........200mg

Beet, Carrot, Broccoli, Cucumber, Tomato, Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Parsley, Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Bell Pepper, Ginger, Onion

Probiotics. the usual suspects... 1 Billion CFU..... 7mg

Today while going to work I saw a small juice store selling smoothies and wheatgrass juice. So I try the 2 oz wheatgrass shooter and well... that's not very good :D They also give a little cranberries juice after to get rid of the taste! It wasn't cheap but I think I'll take another one tomorrow morning, can't hurt :)