Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sabrinanyc

Wheatgrass is a true miracle!!

About a month ago I posted about Hemp seeds. Shortly afterwards I went to a holistic doctor b/c I have been getting sick all the time - I have terrible allergies to the point where I have had 3 sinus surgeries. The doctor told me to go off everything I was on - every supplement and allergy meds. She told me to just take wheatgrass juice. I couldn't go to my health food store 3X a day to get shots of wheatgrass, and I knew that I wouldn't have the patience to grow it, although it is something I plan to look into in the future. So I bought the powdered brand she recommended. I started out taking 1 tablespoon in water for a week, then 2 the second week. I am now up to 3 level Tablespoons a day. My skin is was about 70-80% clear by week 2 (2 tablesppons), and now completelely 100% clear on 3 tablespoons. I plan to go up to 4-5 tablespoons but that is because of my allergies. I take the wheatgrass an empty stomach. It does not taste great so add Stevia (a natural sweetener). I have also been adding it in yogurt and it tastes much better. You can add fruit juice but I am hesistant to do that since I know I break out from sugar. I have also noticed that I break out (and get worse allergies) from dairy but not yogurt. I mentioned this to my doctor and she said that Yogurt has so much acidophilus that she even recommeds it to patients who have allergies to dairy.

The brand of Wheatgrass I am taking is called Amazing Grass:

http://amazinggrass.com/

I know I have spent a lot of time talking about allergies - but just so you know I've had acne my whole life - been on accutane, the pill, and endless antibiotics. I have been an avid reader of this board but I did not post anything unti recently b/c it is only recently that I have found things that have helped me. I hope this post helps. Please write back if any of you decide to try this.

what else do you do for acne? Do you take supplements or use anything topical?

All I am doing for acne right now that has actually worked is staying away from dairy from a cow (the exception being yogurt) and foods with a high amount of sugar like fruit juices and honey. I also wash my face with Cetaphil soap and use Jojoba oil. Both of these things don't clear me up, but they don't break me out, either. I never found that anything topical really helped me aside from drying the pimples out with a mxture of colloidal silver and Benzymyacin (my own unique discovery!)

I also think Hemp seeds are wonderful - I wrote a post about them clearing me up - but I'm not taking them right now. My allergies are getting better and my skin is clear on tbe wheatgrass, so I'm sticking with this for now.

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

How much does it cost you? And how many servings per bottle? :think:

A bottle is $18.50 on the site (just discovered this) b/c my local healthfood store has been selling it for $27.50. There are 35 servings in a bottle. If you decide to purchase this brand at a health food store, I would let them know what the competitive price is to tyr and get it for cheaper.

do you know if there is any difference between using the powder and using the tablets?

do you know if there is any difference between using the powder and using the tablets?

I was told the powder absorbs better in your system - whch is unfortunate b/c I would much rather swallow a pill!

I was told the powder absorbs better in your system - whch is unfortunate b/c I would much rather swallow a pill!

that's what i was thinking. I found a web site that is cheaper too. www.iherb.com $10.63 for 9 oz. I says it is 24 servings.

that's what i was thinking. I found a web site that is cheaper too. www.iherb.com $10.63 for 9 oz. I says it is 24 servings.

the shipping was cheaper on this site. and if you order over $40 the shipping is free. does the other website offer free shipping at all? I'll keep looking for more sites tonite also.

the shipping was cheaper on this site. and if you order over $40 the shipping is free. does the other website offer free shipping at all? I'll keep looking for more sites tonite also.

Sure will! I think i wil take some before pics. Although I hate cameras! Then if I get any better I will post the before & after. But only if i get better.

hate to get my hopes up. I've tried a lot of different things but this forum has a ton more to try. Hope some of them work! Good luck to you!

Sure will! I think i wil take some before pics. Although I hate cameras! Then if I get any better I will post the before & after. But only if i get better.

hate to get my hopes up. I've tried a lot of different things but this forum has a ton more to try. Hope some of them work! Good luck to you!

What does the wheat grass actually DO to clear one up? Any scientific evidence, or at least a reasonable explanation as to how wheat grass works? thanks in advance

What does the wheat grass actually DO to clear one up? Any scientific evidence, or at least a reasonable explanation as to how wheat grass works? thanks in advance

I think that your doctor lied to you, or is retarded, recommending yoghurt to people with milk allergies is just plain dumb, the lactobacillus break down the sugar molecules (mostly lactose) into glucose, but all of the allergy causing proteins are still there.

But, that is not to say that wheat grass does not help, I have not tried it and don't know, but it sounds like a good idea and I have heard of many health benefits from it.

Another thing to tell you, since you say you have such terrible allergies. I used to have absolutely terrible allergies to tons of things. I am not exactly sure why, but I did notice after I stopped eating wheat more than a year ago, my allergies did not come back. It could have been many things that relate to wheat, but I also know that lowering your insulin load majorly helps allergies. I still have some food allergies, but for now I am doing well with allergies as long as I avoid my food allergies.

I was reading too, that mother's can actually prevent allergies in their children if they avoid certain things during pregnancy and nursing, and they must breast feed,

Here is a link, not the one that I had read about preventing airborne allergies, but it is the same recommendations.

http://pediatrics.about.com/library/ask/blask_061902.htm

Show this to your mom, and tell her it is all her fault, and that you hate her for ruining your life.

Just kidding...

I think that your doctor lied to you, or is retarded, recommending yoghurt to people with milk allergies is just plain dumb, the lactobacillus break down the sugar molecules (mostly lactose) into glucose, but all of the allergy causing proteins are still there.

But, that is not to say that wheat grass does not help, I have not tried it and don't know, but it sounds like a good idea and I have heard of many health benefits from it.

Another thing to tell you, since you say you have such terrible allergies. I used to have absolutely terrible allergies to tons of things. I am not exactly sure why, but I did notice after I stopped eating wheat more than a year ago, my allergies did not come back. It could have been many things that relate to wheat, but I also know that lowering your insulin load majorly helps allergies. I still have some food allergies, but for now I am doing well with allergies as long as I avoid my food allergies.

I was reading too, that mother's can actually prevent allergies in their children if they avoid certain things during pregnancy and nursing, and they must breast feed,

Here is a link, not the one that I had read about preventing airborne allergies, but it is the same recommendations.

http://pediatrics.about.com/library/ask/blask_061902.htm

Show this to your mom, and tell her it is all her fault, and that you hate her for ruining your life.

Just kidding...

Being congested and sick, after you eat dairy is not necessarily an allergy, many people get congested after drinking milk because it causes all of your mucus membranes to become more active, and for sick, I am not sure what you mean, but if you mean stomach cramps and pains, or diarrhea or similar digestive complaints, that probably just means you are lactose intolerant.

But, regardless of if you have a true allergy or not, if it is helping you by all means continue to avoid it.

Like people have said in other threads, holistic or naturopath doctors always tell everyone to avoid wheat and dairy and say that you are sensitive to them, not necessarily because you have allergies to them, but because those are the two most common foods for the general population to be allergic to and many people get some relief from their health problems after avoiding them.

I went to one a while ago (holistic/naturopath) for my allergies and terrible stomach problems I was having at the time. She had me do an "arm strength test" and she told me to avoid wheat, dairy, and eggs because they were my "food sensitivities". I had already avoided dairy for a few years because I am lactose intolerant, so that was not going to be a problem. She also recommended me a bunch of foods to eat. Including many wheat free, waffles, cereal, and other products, and gave me an example menu to eat from. So, I followed what she said for about a week, and all of my problems got much worse. So, I went to my allergy doctor and was tested for tons of possible food allergies. I tested positive for corn, wheat, peanuts, and walnuts, but not for milk even though I am lactose intolerant. The waffles and other wheat free stuff she had recommended me were making much more sick than wheat did because they were made almost completely of corn products. She also had recommended peanut butter on her menu and to eat walnuts because they were so healthy. If I had continued to follow her stupid ass plan, I would have been in terrible shape, and wasted a bunch of money.

I think that recommending healthy foods is always a good idea, but your doctor is probably scamming you if she/he does not do a real allergy test (skin prick, blood test), so don't put so much faith into a naturopath/holistic doctor unless they do real tests.

Don't call it an allergy though unless it is a real allergy, and to know for sure you probably will have to get an allergy test.

Actually my Dr. is amazing and helps save peole's lives. :rolleyes: I am terribly allergic to dairy - I am congested and sick the day after eat it. But I have no reaction whatsoever to yogurt, and my dr. has seen this reaction in a lot of people - that is not to say eveyone.

The two foods that were making me sick were WHEAT and dairy - i know all about wheat and allergies but I did not mention it on this board b/c this board is about acne. I noticed that dairy definetely caused my acne and wheat (for me ) did not have that effect so I didn't mention it on this board. Your information on wheat is valuable - too bad you did not present it in a less offensive way. Anyway, my post is about Wheatgrass.

Being congested and sick, after you eat dairy is not necessarily an allergy, many people get congested after drinking milk because it causes all of your mucus membranes to become more active, and for sick, I am not sure what you mean, but if you mean stomach cramps and pains, or diarrhea or similar digestive complaints, that probably just means you are lactose intolerant.

But, regardless of if you have a true allergy or not, if it is helping you by all means continue to avoid it.

Like people have said in other threads, holistic or naturopath doctors always tell everyone to avoid wheat and dairy and say that you are sensitive to them, not necessarily because you have allergies to them, but because those are the two most common foods for the general population to be allergic to and many people get some relief from their health problems after avoiding them.

I went to one a while ago (holistic/naturopath) for my allergies and terrible stomach problems I was having at the time. She had me do an "arm strength test" and she told me to avoid wheat, dairy, and eggs because they were my "food sensitivities". I had already avoided dairy for a few years because I am lactose intolerant, so that was not going to be a problem. She also recommended me a bunch of foods to eat. Including many wheat free, waffles, cereal, and other products, and gave me an example menu to eat from. So, I followed what she said for about a week, and all of my problems got much worse. So, I went to my allergy doctor and was tested for tons of possible food allergies. I tested positive for corn, wheat, peanuts, and walnuts, but not for milk even though I am lactose intolerant. The waffles and other wheat free stuff she had recommended me were making much more sick than wheat did because they were made almost completely of corn products. She also had recommended peanut butter on her menu and to eat walnuts because they were so healthy. If I had continued to follow her stupid ass plan, I would have been in terrible shape, and wasted a bunch of money.

I think that recommending healthy foods is always a good idea, but your doctor is probably scamming you if she/he does not do a real allergy test (skin prick, blood test), so don't put so much faith into a naturopath/holistic doctor unless they do real tests.

Don't call it an allergy though unless it is a real allergy, and to know for sure you probably will have to get an allergy test.

Actually my Dr. is amazing and helps save peole's lives. :rolleyes: I am terribly allergic to dairy - I am congested and sick the day after eat it. But I have no reaction whatsoever to yogurt, and my dr. has seen this reaction in a lot of people - that is not to say eveyone.

The two foods that were making me sick were WHEAT and dairy - i know all about wheat and allergies but I did not mention it on this board b/c this board is about acne. I noticed that dairy definetely caused my acne and wheat (for me ) did not have that effect so I didn't mention it on this board. Your information on wheat is valuable - too bad you did not present it in a less offensive way. Anyway, my post is about Wheatgrass.

Yeah, the same exact thing thing happens to me with dairy and it is in my case an allergy as well.

Wheatgrass is an amazing thing.