Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calla lily

What the heck is it?! (Pictures)

I don't think this is a pimple... but I've had it for like 5 years now, and it hasn't shown signs of going away. In fact, it seems like it intends to stay put on my shoulder for the rest of my life and possibly spread. :doh: It is seemingly innocuous, but I'm not entirely sure... I have a few more of these, also a few years old: a couple of smaller ones on my other shoulder, and three strategically arranged on the back side of my shoulder so that, combined, they resemble the padding on the bottom of a cat's paw. I only took pictures of the one that I noticed changed, but if anyone would like to see the other ones, let me know...

Does anyone have any idea what it is or why it's there? How can I remove it? What can I do? Should I see a dermatologist? Has anyone else have these weird growths? :/

I'm trying not to panic. :liar::(

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

Oh by the way, I think it grew like almost a centimeter. :redface:

post-27202-1177479063_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479088_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479101_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479107_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479123_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479063_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479088_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479101_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479107_thumb.jpg

post-27202-1177479123_thumb.jpg

I don't think this is a pimple... but I've had it for like 5 years now, and it hasn't shown signs of going away. In fact, it seems like it intends to stay put on my shoulder for the rest of my life and possibly spread. :doh: It is seemingly innocuous, but I'm not entirely sure... I have a few more of these, also a few years old: a couple of smaller ones on my other shoulder, and three strategically arranged on the back side of my shoulder so that, combined, they resemble the padding on the bottom of a cat's paw. I only took pictures of the one that I noticed changed, but if anyone would like to see the other ones, let me know...

Does anyone have any idea what it is or why it's there? How can I remove it? What can I do? Should I see a dermatologist? Has anyone else have these weird growths? :/

I'm trying not to panic. :liar: :(

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

Oh by the way, I think it grew like almost a centimeter. :redface:

Dont look to good that baba . should see ya doc about really they will tell you what it is so u can progress to remove or get it down

I'm with keloid as well. Does it hurt to touch? Is it itchy?

Here is an image of one I found on google that seems to resemble yours:

http://www.chennaionline.com/health/Homoeo...es/keloid01.jpg

:sick: Mine's not quite that severe. It think the pictures make it look a littttle bit worse than it actually seems. But still...

It could be a keloid, but aren't keloids scars? How can I have scarring just pop up out of nowhere? I don't remember anything being wrong in those spots. They started off as soft bumps and gradually hardened and turned brown...

And no, they don't hurt or itch. They just sit there and do nothing...

I have almost exactly the same . In the same place exactly too

Perhaps even slightly larger. Been there for a few years

I saw a dermatologist a while ago who didnt think it was to be worried about. But Im going to try to get it removed very soon

It is a somewhat distracting addition to ones shoulder, I would say !

Oh, I guess it's just a benign spot then? Phew... here I was getting all worked up and assuming the worst... lol. :boohoo:

I remember a couple of years ago I saw a girl with like exactly the same thing on her shoulder...

It's still weird, though. Why do these things form? Yet another thing to wonder about besides the meaning of life and acne. :think:

I'm pretty sure getting it removed isn't the only option and I know that wasn't an option for me because it can easily make it grow back even worse. I get cortisone injections in mine because I have a small one on my shoulder and another where I had my punch biopsy on my side. It took three or four injections to get it the one on my side to go down and it's still very pink. My dermatologist said he does not want to inject it more because it can make it worse, so I can only imagine how removing it could screw with a keloid.

It does appear to be a keloid, but it could also be a sebaceous cyst. You'll never know the real diagnosis until you go to a dermatologist. :)

Keloid scars are not medical emergencies. Sebaceous cysts are not medical emergencies. Both can be treated. Keloids primarily with cortisone injections, and sebaceous cysts with intact excision of the entire lesion including the lining of the cyst. It looks more like a keloid scar. Go get it checked out since it concerns you.

I have a couple of those on my back, near my shoulders. I've had them for at least a year or two, and they fluctuate in size (constantly). My doctor told me it'll go away ... "eventually." I noticed that it grows if I touch it or pick at it. When I leave it alone for a relatively long time, it shrinks. Just don't touch it, AT ALL. Always apply sunscreen if that area is exposed to the sun. If you feel pain or discomfort from those marks, then definitely get an examination from your dermatologist.

I believe none of these people telling you not to see a derm are experts.

Don't give it a chance to develop into something else.See a derm immediately.

Updating in case anyone else has the same problem.

I just got a new one on my back and I couldn't ignore it any longer, since by now I've figured out they're just not going to go away on their own. I was doing some research and I found out that acne on the back can turn into keloids. So that's what happened to me... ugh. I went through some keloid support forums, and there were others that had keloids develop from acne as well.

No one else in my family has this problem.

WHY DO I INHERIT THE DAMAGED GOODS?! :boohoo: WHY ME?!?!?!?!? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....?!?!

Umm... anyway, no, I'm not going to just "slice them open" like some people suggested, especially not if it isn't being done by a professional. And I'm sure nothing's going to come out if I try squeezing them either because they are 100% scar tissue now.

I think I'm going to try to get injections or whatever. I'll keep looking at the various options they have. *sigh*

post-27202-1184888874_thumb.jpgpost-27202-1184888866_thumb.jpgpost-27202-1184888861_thumb.jpg

Lol..I have one looking exactly the same and at the same spot..

Have you ever tried doing anything to it?

I just read a thread about freezing it with one of those keyboard dusters (compressed air). It's uh... interesting. People who have tried it seemed to be successful. I don't know if I want to attempt it myself, though.

I just read a thread about freezing it with one of those keyboard dusters (compressed air). It's uh... interesting. People who have tried it seemed to be successful. I don't know if I want to attempt it myself, though.

sounds like a dangerous idea. but i sprayed my friends leg with that one time cuz we're *mod edit* and there was frost on his leg. so i think it would accually work but idk if its safe

Lol..I have one looking exactly the same and at the same spot..

Please go to a derm rather than trying to treat something like that. Some of those look like keloids. Some do look like sebaceous cysts. Either way, it is much better to have a derm take a look at them. Thank you for updating the thread!

The freezing treatment is not something you should do yourself since you can't absolutely guarantee that those are keloids. A keloid could also merely be aggravated by 'invasive' or 'ablative' procedures and get larger.

Are you sure it isnt a cyst? I have one in my left hand which still hasnt been removed and its been there for over 4 years but it broke some how and now just broken peices are there. My cyst didnt have color though.