Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holelyface

I just had CO2 and the results compare to Fraxel.

I just had CO2 a week and half ago and my face swelled for 5-6 days.

I done fraxel before... but I think frankly

CO2 has better results than fraxel.

For fraxel I had about 10-25% improvement after 6 try to upto 20mj

In CO2 its like 20-40% under a skillful doctor. And He said it will continue improving for a year or so.

My very shallow scars seems blur out, although not removed. I am hoping for the best for time to come.

Some scare pores are almost noticeable unless at finger length.

The pain was so little as compared to fraxel. Fraxel was painful for 6 session.

Ok the only thing about fraxel is the ready for work in 3 days.

As for CO2 I took a week leave. Now the coloring is still different. Quite pink. expected to be a week or more before it becomes lighter. So putting some make up on.

But frankly I think its worth it as I'm alittle tan so the pink seems to go quite well with a little make up. Fairer person would experience more obvious pink. Face still feels alittle sensitive now. Frankly I don't mind going another CO2 than fraxel, so much pain for so little effect despite I have to avoid the sun for the next 6 months.

Sorry that I read alot of bad reports on CO2 but frankly I guess it has to do with scars, healing and most important the skill of the doctor. Now when I look at the mirror, although its not perfect but it still seems my hell week seems worth it. CO2 still the gold standard.

In CO2 its like 20-40% under a skillful doctor. And He said it will continue improving for a year or so.

My very shallow scars seems blur out, although not removed. I am hoping for the best for time to come.

As for CO2 I took a week leave. Now the coloring is still different. Quite pink. expected to be a week or more before it becomes lighter. So putting some make up on.

But frankly I think its worth it as I'm alittle tan so the pink seems to go quite well with a little make up. Fairer person would experience more obvious pink. Face still feels alittle sensitive now. Frankly I don't mind going another CO2 than fraxel, so much pain for so little effect despite I have to avoid the sun for the next 6 months.

Sorry that I read alot of bad reports on CO2 but frankly I guess it has to do with scars, healing and most important the skill of the doctor. Now when I look at the mirror, although its not perfect but it still seems my hell week seems worth it. CO2 still the gold standard.

Hi Holeyface,

A friend of mine is thinking of doing the CO2. I alwasy thought CO2 was for more severe scarring, but apparently it is indicated for mild cases too. good to know.

What shape of scars do you have, and do you have any pics?

best,

Evikshin

Wow, you're already healed after a week and a half? My skin was raw, it looked like hamburer week for exactly three weeks after the erbium laser. It helped a lot with my scar, and looked really good after the 3 weeks, just red of course. It took me 2 months to not be red anymore. I must have had a really deep erbium or you had a light CO2 because CO2 is supposed to be more drastic then erbium.

I'm very gald that I did it, the scar is much smoother now. However, the whole area where he did the laser is a little depressed. He said he would take 5 to 6 months to completely heal, and I'm on month 5. The depressed area keeps getting better week by week, it's still definitly annoying though and wasn't noticeable right after the raw skin healed.

I'm thinking of doing fraxel to smooth it out.

Im glad your seeing good results, but i wouldent jump to any conclusions specially after only 1 and half weeks.. there is swelling,microswelling,skin irrtation.. i dont think you will know your results until 3-4 months

I guess co2 is effective in the right hands and with the right conditions.... it has been THE laser for scarring for jsut about forever. I think fraxel is good too but its not great for scarring. Its more of a money maker since the operations are fairly simple, yet expensive, needs multiple treatments, while co2 is harder to use, requires a doctor to do it no matter what, doesnt require multiple sessions. In the end its all about $, fraxel makes $, co2 is risky and cost wise its more effective.

Couple things...I thought I had a good result after my CO2 as well. I noticed the scars looked less for a few months then slowly returned close to normal. I think a couple weeks it too early to judge.

CO2 has a many possible negative side effects, please research this. Honestly, it was the biggest mistake of my life. I got rosacea from it and have permanant redness. Many IPL's have helped but its still not great. I cant go in the sun so it has been a total lifestyle adjustment.

You had better think really really really hard before you do this. I would rather have the scars than the rosacea I think.

Oh yeah, I got some hypopigmentation and a rough texture after this one. I hear people call this orange peel..and some say they have a waxy texture. You are basically burning your face....umm, how smart is that?

Sorry for the late reply.

Yea I understand they say it is going to be better over the months. I done this CO2 once about 9 years ago, the very first version. Now the latest one is with Softtouch scanner supposed to be better.

Regarding the question about ebrium and CO2, err yea even the doctor say so. Ebrium seems to take a longer period to fade the redness than CO2 surprisingly I think its has to do with the pernetration of water etc etc. Usually people do Ebrium in smaller dosage.

I got brunt pretty badly last week. I swell about 5-6 days. Try not to look at the scars for the first few days, it looks great because of the swell. Now my face went back. My scars come back, but the overall improves, about 20-40%. Now to be frank when I wash my skin now it does still feels alittle sensitive. It is still red and I expected it so for the coming months. But since I got tan skin it can be camoflaged pretty well with a little makup.

The doctor did tell me about pigmentation suffered by about 30% of the tan people. I lived in a tropical country. But most of them return to normal about a year or so after the treatment.

I know some people may consider CO2 for servere scarring. Unfortunately I don't think so. I had done at least 3-4 excision + numerous TCA cross on the deeper scars and a fraxel before doing this. So therefore I had now some shallow scars to do with. CO2 in my opinion works with moderate results for shallow scars. For deeper ones try scar revision first. Frankly thru these one and half years of treatment my scars really deep improve about 70% looking at the mirror the overall is much smoother now. I'm more confident now. But hoping to go for more. Perhaps because i'm a perfectionist. CO2 may not be an angelic tool from heaven. but I guess its one of the better ones with alittle price.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yea I understand they say it is going to be better over the months. I done this CO2 once about 9 years ago, the very first version. Now the latest one is with Softtouch scanner supposed to be better.

Regarding the question about ebrium and CO2, err yea even the doctor say so. Ebrium seems to take a longer period to fade the redness than CO2 surprisingly I think its has to do with the pernetration of water etc etc. Usually people do Ebrium in smaller dosage.

I got brunt pretty badly last week. I swell about 5-6 days. Try not to look at the scars for the first few days, it looks great because of the swell. Now my face went back. My scars come back, but the overall improves, about 20-40%. Now to be frank when I wash my skin now it does still feels alittle sensitive. It is still red and I expected it so for the coming months. But since I got tan skin it can be camoflaged pretty well with a little makup.

The doctor did tell me about pigmentation suffered by about 30% of the tan people. I lived in a tropical country. But most of them return to normal about a year or so after the treatment.

I know some people may consider CO2 for servere scarring. Unfortunately I don't think so. I had done at least 3-4 excision + numerous TCA cross on the deeper scars and a fraxel before doing this. So therefore I had now some shallow scars to do with. CO2 in my opinion works with moderate results for shallow scars. For deeper ones try scar revision first. Frankly thru these one and half years of treatment my scars really deep improve about 70% looking at the mirror the overall is much smoother now. I'm more confident now. But hoping to go for more. Perhaps because i'm a perfectionist. CO2 may not be an angelic tool from heaven. but I guess its one of the better ones with alittle price.

i had co2. didnt do anything for my scars.and right after a few months and the swelling is totally down my face looked like before.i had so much shit done and nothing works that good.i think it is all a big waste of money.i wish something really worked.

i had co2. didnt do anything for my scars.and right after a few months and the swelling is totally down my face looked like before.i had so much shit done and nothing works that good.i think it is all a big waste of money.i wish something really worked.

c02 = highIy unpredictabIe. AIso i too thought that first it heIped, but i ended up with it going back to pretty much the same appearance, with the added addition of demarkation Iines, some odd track Iine/grid type scarring, and a waxy Iooking compIextion for a Iong time.

Its too soon for a cIear judgement on your resuIts, and i wish you the best.

As for others considering c02, it reaIIy reaIIy is a big gambIe. If you read the amount of negative experiences compared with positive ones..the percentage is just too high in my opinion to risk it. There are other proceedures avaiIabIe now that are Iess evasive and risky.