Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beatback22

acne-less, but scars and redmarks remain (pics!)

My acne has vanished, but i'm left with deep, rolling scars on my left side of my cheek, and quite a few shallow rollers on my left side. The red spots are starting to fade, but well-noticeable. I'm only a month through my accutane course, and so far, the results are great!!!. couldn't ask for more. i wish it could fade my redmaks...ok...i'm asking a little too much. Anyway, i was just wondering what would work best for these type of scars????

I may have to take out a loan if im going to get the treatment done, but it would be all worth it.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/he...22/SNC10055.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/he...22/SNC10054.jpg

First, you have to wait a minimum of six months before doing anything serious in terms of scar treatment. If you go to a derm. and tell them you want to try a laser or something they will decline because you have been only off of Accutane for a month.

For the redness, alot of people have tried V-Beam. I myself have not tried it but am seriously contemplating it because I have alot of pigmentation problems associated from acne breakouts and the scars associated with it. There are also tons of products that you could try with varying degrees of success. If it was me, I'd just go for the V-Beam because I've found that most of the products and techniques for the "red marks" do not work well. If they do, it takes a long time and a lot of patience.

As for the scars....maybe Fraxel? Not sure if rolling scars respond well to it but Fraxel seems to be the strongest non-ablative laser out there in the market today. I will be having this done myself in about a month and a half after I get my acne other control. You may also want to consider some fillers afterwards.

That's just my two cents.

P.S. I suggest you take pics in the future on macro mode if you're using a digital camera. I took pics of my face using macro mode and it captured my face really well. Your pics seem to be a bit out of focused.

First, you have to wait a minimum of six months before doing anything serious in terms of scar treatment. If you go to a derm. and tell them you want to try a laser or something they will decline because you have been only off of Accutane for a month.

For the redness, alot of people have tried V-Beam. I myself have not tried it but am seriously contemplating it because I have alot of pigmentation problems associated from acne breakouts and the scars associated with it. There are also tons of products that you could try with varying degrees of success. If it was me, I'd just go for the V-Beam because I've found that most of the products and techniques for the "red marks" do not work well. If they do, it takes a long time and a lot of patience.

As for the scars....maybe Fraxel? Not sure if rolling scars respond well to it but Fraxel seems to be the strongest non-ablative laser out there in the market today. I will be having this done myself in about a month and a half after I get my acne other control. You may also want to consider some fillers afterwards.

That's just my two cents.

P.S. I suggest you take pics in the future on macro mode if you're using a digital camera. I took pics of my face using macro mode and it captured my face really well. Your pics seem to be a bit out of focused.

thanx for the info, as for my camera, i just bought it a few days ago, and still learning how the thing works hehehehe.....as for the laser treaments, my options where the fraxel and the C02. but the C02 has its downsides. Im really not a big fan of fillers, due to the fact that they only last a few months, and i'm looking for something more permanent. I'm just gonna wait till my accutane treatment ends, and go from there.

hey bro just stopping by to show some support.

name's Dan and i have scarring similar to yours.

i am currently on tane.. ill be done with it within the next few months and i plan on having fraxel done when i'm eligible.

i too am going to have to take out a loan to pay for my scarring treatment but just like you said.. IT'S WELL WORTH IT.

lol

keep your head up bro.. we will beat this shizz.

take care.

Hey guys, Look at m signature to find out what I did for my red marks. before spending hundreds on VBeam try what I do for a month.It sure helped me out.

dont get so caught up with treatments for scars right now. You wont be doing anything intensive with them for at least a year or so (4 or 5 months left of accutane and 6 months waiting at the LEAST). By then the redness will probably fade a lot.

But by the looks of things you can probably expect some kind of laser procedure because your scars are like moderate/severe.

Congratulations on the wonderful progress!

The red marks will likely fade on their own over the remainder of the time you have left with Accutane. It is also likely that the scars may soften with time, too. Keep your skin moisturized, of course.

Your scarring is moderate, the red marks make it look more severe than it is. There are many scar treatment options to consider once you've finished Accutane and had your six month Accutane free period.

You have plenty of time to do some research and discuss your options with your dermatologist and/or a plastic surgeon. Once you decide on a course, make sure that the derm/PS you go to has a lot of experience with the type of procedure you choose; you don't want your face to be a guinea pig! This board has a lot of great suggestions. Read through and start getting some great ideas.