Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lqrodrig

TAZORAC LOG

Thanks for the reply lqrodrig. I´m out of the country right now so I haven´t had internet access for a while, but like Morgan said, your story is insparational.

yeah it is...over 1 month in now and i see improvement in my skin but it still is not even close to where i want it to be. Hopefullyover it will continue to improve.

were on the same path one1

im a month and two days in...

definite improvement, definitely not the end all be/all though... still not comfortable enough to 'go out' and act how i would normally.

its been 2 months on tazorac ( i was on retin-a for a year before that but it stopped working for sum reason) and im still getting bad breakouts...actually more than i ever have and in places where i usually dont break out so bad (side of face (WTF??) cheeks, temples) but my chin and forehead are suprsingly ok. i dont have any more white heads( i had alot) but now i have these angry red pimples that last forever (bad scarring) and ALOT of blackhead.

my mom even said my skin was ugly....

i use to use clyndamycin but i stopped cus it was too drying...now i just use a honey mask.

should i stiill be gettting worse after two months?? is this normal?? should i stop taz or keep on going??

:S

you need to avoid everything except the tazorac... and i wouldve stuck with the clindamycin.

i use to use a face wash every morning.. clearasil.. and after i got rid of that and everything else i did with my face besides taz and duac, my skin is starting to look greattt. im on a month and 8 days.

Damn im on week 8 of Tazorac now and my face is so red and im breaking out still...tons of red marks.

soo hows everyone doin on the tazorac?....its been more than 3 months for me and i dont know wut to think....the front part of my face is completely clear (not even one white head) but the sides are pretty bad....im getting cyctic acne on the sides of my cheeks which i never had like red bumps that just stay for a week or so then go slowing go away. im getting sum scaring too so im pretty scared if this keeps up. I have also added tea tree oil to my regime ( im allergic to bp) to kill the bacteria, and im taking flax oil. I find im still pretty oily even more than before :S anyone have this problem?

anyways i was wondering if someone else out there is having a similar experience with tazzy, or wants to share.

roxy

Hey i think im almost 12 weeks into Taz now so im a little behind you roxy. Taz has cleared my forehead very well. I get alot less whiteheads on my cheeks now but i have lots of red marks. My temple areas are breaking out still and so is the area in between my eyebrows. I do believe Taz is working because my skin still peels in the morning and its very dry. Working but the acne clearing process is so slowwwwwwww. my skins is still oily also

thanks lgrodrig! exactly how long did it take u? its been 15 weeks and ppl say 12 weeks to be clear....taz seems to be giving me cystic acne in places ive never had it before....and im gettn sum scars....i dont want to keep on goin if it wont work in the long run....but i dont wanna quit now if im soo close to the end.

also are u talking anything else? and do u continue to use tazorac now that ur clear?

One1: tazorac has cleareed up my forehead pretty well and for most part my chin. but i agree the oiliness is bad. i use to be oily but not like this....

My forehead has totally cleared up..still hoping for the rest of the parts of my face to eventually stop breaking out. Im just guessing there is more acne deeper within the skin in other areas of my face. 13 weeks

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and I hope you guys can help me. I have been using Tazorac for 3 weeks now and my skin is the WORSE it have ever been! I have so many red bumps and my forhead which has never broke out has a million bumps on it. My face is dry, red, peeling, itching, and I am so irritated with it. Did you guys have all of this or should I just QUIT. I wash my face with Duac in the am then tazorac at night. Before I started the Tazorac I was using Dr. Murad and while it didnt clear up my acne it didnt break me out more either. I am so frustrated and I dont know what to do. I have a consultation today for microdermabrasion and hopefully that will help a little bit!

omg im in the exact same boat as your in right now. ive been using taz and benzaclin for just over 3 months now and my face was never this bad. im so upset that i dont know what to do anymore. they say you have to wait, like 6 to 8 months but i dont want to wait anymore! i was looking at microderm stuff this afternoon on the internet because of all the red marks i have on my face and i want to get it done but for some reason my derm. says not to get it? so your going to have to let me know how that goes because im highly curious. :)

Well after about a week I am starting to break out/get really red. This sucks...cant wait for a few months to pass by.

my derm recomended that I only use it at night. Twice a day doesn't sound right to me. Anyone else on taz have some feedback?

I went to get the microderm and was told that I am not a candidate for it and that I wouldn't like the outcome! Such a waste of time but they said for me to stay with the Tazorac and I should see results. I am NOT peeling anymore I bought a gentle cleanser with moisturizer in it and it seems to be helping, I still have a few bumps and LOTS of scars. I am going to stick with the Tazora a little while longer. I LOVE THIS BOARD! I like reading the stories and the different regimens it gives me hope!

I have been one taz .1% for a week shy of 4 months now just applying it once a day. I saw my docter today and he told me to start using it twice a day and im using to much at one time. He also told me to stop taking the tetracycline even though it says 2 refills on the bottle. I STILL get bad acne and i hate my skin. Im just going to listen to him and keep up the taz because i just dont know wtf there is else to do, its like a battle that im never going to win.

Does anyone else have a problem with Retin-a leaving a white fluff on the face after application? I would like to have the retinoid on my face 24/7, but that seems hard to do considering that people will think I don't wash my face.

I just started Tazorac (.05) 9 days ago or so. My derm gave me a sample tube of cream and gel. She told me to apply it at night every 3rd day for 2 weeks, then onto every other night for 2-3 weeks, then every night. I found the cream doesn't irritate my skin that much. So i just switched to every night until i try the gel.

I've had acne since I was 13 and I'll be 20 in September. I've tried proactive/neutragena products, Benzaclin, minocyclin for 7 months, which did nothing, and a bunch of other products.

I am starting my 3rd month of doxy 100mg each day...which doesn't seem to be helping at all.

What do you guys use(cream or gel) ? And how did your derm have you start off.

well hello fellow acne sufferers....

just had an appt with my new dermatologist today and i'm starting a new regimen.

get a load of the old regimen:

(insane)

1. neutrogena oil free acne wash

2. st ives apricot scrub for blackheads

3. dermalogica daily microfoliant with an abrasive scrub sponge

4. proactiv cleanser

5. neutrogena pore refining toner

6. proactiv toner splashed on

7. proactiv repairing lotion

8. sulphur acne spot cream by dhc

**today is my first day on tazorac 0.05% starting at bedtime every other day,

minocin 90 mg orally once daily, duac gel every morning.

i am so scared this change will completley shock my skin, but after suffering since i was 14 (i am 29 now) i am willing to go for it. obviously my way hasn't worked. sure did give it a shot, though!!

lol i will keep you guys posted. i am staying hopeful and positive...

post-76017-1210387175_thumb.jpg

post-76017-1210387175_thumb.jpg