Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrlife

Sunburn good for scars?

ok so i just came from the beach a few days ago and got sunburn on my face :redface: . Face has been peeling a lot since then and scars look somewhere better :think:. My left side always had the worst scars, but now that i look in the mirror and compare left side to right, i can see a change... the scars are less noticeable. I'm wondering if this is better than using peels, which didnt really do shit for me.

Post your thoughts.

ok so i just came from the beach a few days ago and got sunburn on my face :redface: . Face has been peeling a lot since then and scars look somewhere better :think:. My left side always had the worst scars, but now that i look in the mirror and compare left side to right, i can see a change... the scars are less noticeable. I'm wondering if this is better than using peels, which didnt really do shit for me.

Post your thoughts.

NO THEY ARE NOT!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER LET THE GLOWING SUNBURN LOOK TRICK YOU INTO THINKING YOUR SCARS ARE BETTER. THEY WILL ACTUALLY BECOME WORSE AFTER YOUR SKIN TOTALLY HEALS AS COLLAGEN HAS BEEN DESTROYED. WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW IS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN BY SLAPPING ON SOME AFTER SUN SKIN RECOVERY CREAM.

I have rolling scars on my left cheek, due to sun exposure while driving, so I don't think sunburn is good for scars.

Please listen to thespian and the others--don't be fooled!

I had my scars by age 17 and used to sunbathe back then because the "rosy glow" made my skin look so much better... Now at age 45 the sun damage, combined with the natural sagging of the skin due to aging, has turned my scars into creases. They are ten times more noticeable now.

The only things that have ever made any difference in how my scars look are maddeningly simple: getting enough rest, and drinking enough fluids.

Repeat after me: The sun is NOT my friend!

Post your thoughts.

nice posts guys. I was not intentionally trying to burn the shit out of my skin... it just happened (yes i know i can use sunblock, but i dont want to meh).

Relax... it's not like I'm gonna go lay in the sun all day every week to burn my scars away.

"They look better because the skin is tight."

Thats what i thought too, but now my skin is completely healed and the massive peeling has stopped.

After staring at the mirror at 3 of my biggest scars that i used to have, i have concluded that it did improve my scars. They used to be very wide and deep and noticeable. Now they have nearly resurfaced and the texture is way better too.

Not all my scars have had the same results, but almost all have improved.

Another thing might be worth noting is that i'm using that Silkia Oil from goldenportbeauty.com and read on the healthforums that it takes atleast 6 months to notice improvement and it just so happens im on my 6th month of usage.

Prior to the sunburn i have noticed improvement in the scars, but after the sunburn a major improvement.

And no im not gonna go sunburn myself again.

just checked the scars one more time to be sure and i looked under every angle and when looking in the reflection of my car window i used to beable to see them very well but now they are hardly noticeable.

In the mirror its like they just disappeared.

Hey,

I think it will revert back... your skin is tight at the moment cause of the sun burn still and to repair your skin your body is retaining water which plumps up the cells.

This is just what i though.. same thing happend to me.

A friend of mine got a really bad sun burn and a chicken pock scar was reversed permanently. It happens. Mrlife, how old are you? This happened to my friend when she was a teen.

Sun screen is just chemicals made for you skin to block the Vitamin D that the sun gives you. People who use sun screen usually end up with skin cancer.

Try a natural sun screen like Coconut oil. And you should never burn your skin especially if your a light colored person.

Dark Skins can take the sun better.