Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The End

Here's what you get from these so called 'acne solutions':

A friend of mine showed it to me, when he found it, take a look:

http://www.geocities.com/the_exposer2003/index.txt

Read all that. That's what the people falling for these scams get.

Yeah, you do all that, you'll probably get rid of acne. At, of course, the expense of a social life. I challenge anyone to follow that regimen and stay sane taking all those supplements for even a little while. For me, Dan's regimen is doing just fine, and that's what I'll continue to use.

I hate these people. Yeah, eat nothing but good food, you'll look great. But I thought the objective was to also enjoy life? If getting rid of acne means the loss of enjoyment in life, something you're trying to prevent by getting rid of acne as well, what the hell is the point?

Heh.

Oh, by the way, don't say I haven't tried it.

I have.

For six months. Fully completely.

No change.

The guy won't refund my money because he 'doesn't believe me', of course.

Guest fatman_uk
Yeah, eat nothing but good food, you'll look great. But I thought the objective was to also enjoy life? If getting rid of acne means the loss of enjoyment in life, something you're trying to prevent by getting rid of acne as well, what the hell is the point? 

Heh.

Guest fatman_uk

There's nuthin to be justified... it's personal choice whether or not you do it.

The only problem with the means is, the end isn't always what you want.

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

Also, losing the acne is the means to an end for each person... it'd be interesting to know why each person wants to lose it. Obviously it's not sumthin we want. But i'm sure there'd be a mix of ''For girls/guys'', ''To do modelling''... an a few that say ''For myself''... rofl, for yourself my ass. biggrin.gif

-Gaz

Just from looking at these forums, there are people spending $150 on supplements from these guides alone, which they will have to take again and again.

Insanity. BP costs what, $5? And it can reduce acne to next to nothing. Yet people would spend $150 on supplements and give up good foods.

I think the worst thing about these 'eat only green foods and you wont get acne' type programs is the false hope that they create in people who are vulnerable.

One thing that this board does very well is illustrate via its participants experience that the best thing to do is to get on the regimen, if necessary make a few personal tweaks, stick to it and you will get results.

From what I have seen and used (and its been diets, topicals, meds including Accutane and antibiotics) the regimen is the only thing that has cleared my skin.

Would I have given up a juicy t-bone steak and a bottle of good red wine every now and again for clear skin (maybe but it aint the answer so thank God I dont have to)

M

I've been on a vegetarian, low fat, etc... etc diets in the past to help

my acne. It's true what they now say - that your diet has nothing to

do w/ acne. Up until the late 70's, people still believed that eating

chocolate caused acne ](*,)

Guest fatman_uk

Not true, diet DOES play a role for SOME ppl... only certain thing for each person tho... there's lot of ppl when they have problems that they find it's either sweet or spicy foods, or dairy products.

My personal problem food is white bread, like i already mentioned.

People who are fortunate enough to not have any kinda diet-acne problems automatically say that because THEY can get away with no diet restrictions, that there must be no link for anyone else either, then they go around preaching it like it's the 100% solid truth, like the above post. (No offence Sylvia)

Ppl just dive into those acne diets tho, takin everythin cept shitty green foods out... when they diet might be sumthin as simple as a certain herb/spice they take... or that glass of milk they take before bed each night.

It's trial an error.

-Gaz