Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Spicy food is bad?

they say in chinese medicine, acne is caused by poor circulation and excess accumulation of "heat" in the body. so spicy foods ought to be avoided.

bs in my opinion... never did a thing for me, even after i got chinese acupuncture and all that.

Guest Stu :-)

I heard spicy food is good against things like candida in the stomuch etc, sounds like its as broad as it is long :)

they say in chinese medicine, acne is caused by poor circulation and excess accumulation of "heat" in the body. so spicy foods ought to be avoided.

bs in my opinion... never did a thing for me, even after i got chinese acupuncture and all that.

here's my theory (im 99% inaccurate but ill give it a shot)

when you eat spicy food, the blood circulation increases (have you noticed?)

so im guessin here is that the hormones in the bloodstream would pump around the body faster than it would normally would... and stimulates the gland to produce more oil

i am almost convinced this is false, but in a way it makes sense

like i said, 99% inaccurate :)

here's my theory (im 99% inaccurate but ill give it a shot)

when you eat spicy food, the blood circulation increases (have you noticed?)

so im guessin here is that the hormones in the bloodstream would pump around the body faster than it would normally would... and stimulates the gland to produce more oil

i am almost convinced this is false, but in a way it makes sense

like i said, 99% inaccurate :)

well there seems to be contradictory reactions from spicy foods in relation to acne

they increase circulation which should clear out toxins better...but through the increased circulation they may cause inflammation easier which is a key cause of acne

no its not, peppers inhibit arachidonic acid and therefore are anti-inflammatorys.

very beneficial for an inflammatory disease such as acne.

it wont clear you though, but it'll help.

well there seems to be contradictory reactions from spicy foods in relation to acne

they increase circulation which should clear out toxins better...but through the increased circulation they may cause inflammation easier which is a key cause of acne

I don't know exacly how they aggervate acne or help acne.....but they do aggervate rosacea big time....and they can also can cause canker sores if you are prone to them....I had some Pad Thai last week.....and I have braces....I'm in agony....

spicy foods are acidic, bacteria thrive in acidic environments..hence y people optimize for an alkalizing foods

I don't know exacly how they aggervate acne or help acne.....but they do aggervate rosacea big time....and they can also can cause canker sores if you are prone to them....I had some Pad Thai last week.....and I have braces....I'm in agony....

Maybe its only bad for westerners? I'm not really sure, but I didnt see any effects on my acne even after eating spicy stuff. It's a norm for us asians to eat spicy, lol.

My sister's friend once advised me not to eat spicy food. She claimed spicy foods made her break out. :think: I eat spicy foods occasionally, and I don't really notice a difference. But hey, what do clear-skinned people know about anything?

I don't notice much of a difference besides a temporary reddening of the face, and I've taken it way overboard, like dumping half a container of dried hot pepper flakes into my chicken curry.

I don't notice much of a difference besides a temporary reddening of the face, and I've taken it way overboard, like dumping half a container of dried hot pepper flakes into my chicken curry.