Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobDude

Would this be enough....

I'm 175 pounds...

4 months @ 40mg

1 month @ 80mg

I don't think it would be, but I've just quit my job and have no medical insurance. Maybe I'd have temporary success with it?

I weigh less and take 80 mg a day. Why not wait till you get health insurance that kicks in before starting the course?... if finances are of concern, that is. That's what I did. I'm also confused, your sig says you started 10/21/06, are you in the middle of a course right now?

I weigh less and take 80 mg a day. Why not wait till you get health insurance that kicks in before starting the course?... if finances are of concern, that is. That's what I did. I'm also confused, your sig says you started 10/21/06, are you in the middle of a course right now?

Yeah - I started on 10/21/06 and took 40mg for 4 months...so that took me until the end of Feburary. I had another appointment for 11am at my derm - I request personal time off work and I show up at 11am and sit in the waiting room for an 40 minutes before I get up and have to leave to get back to work before I'm late.

I call to reschedule and say that I absolutly can not come in during the week as I just used up the last of my personal time sitting in their waiting room - but there is a 3 week wait before I can go to see them; but my insurance coverage was supposed to end at the end of Feburary. I'm in the middle of moving across the country - money is tight, I have no job - so I say 'Screw it'. But, the HR lady at my company didn't file the appropriate paperwork, and it turns out my coverage didn't end until the end of March.

I went back to the derm and asked for as much as they could give me; the doc said 80mg was the most he'd bump me up to without me already being on 80mg. So now I'm on 80mg a day.

It could be 2-3 months before I have health coverage from another insurance plan from my new job; and I can't get an individual plan that would cover my pre-existing condition.

I'd have to find a new derm in a new state and pay for everything out of pocket....it would really suck, especially since money is very tight right now - but I could do it.

I say order a stick of Dan's BP gel and wait the three months :think: When the new derm hears about how your dose has been messed up, they may put you on a true regimen. But you probably should call your derm and confirm with them the true consequences of pre-maturely terminating a course only to restart again a few months down the line.

As someone who was too anxious to start Accutane and wound up starting at the end of last year (blood testing, etc), the extra $250 that didn't count towards this year's deductible is really hurting me. I should have just waited the 30 days. In your case, the wait would be a little longer, but I think it would save you more.

But who knows, it just might work permanently and you wouldn't need to restart again. Good luck! :D

I say order a stick of Dan's BP gel and wait the three months :think: When the new derm hears about how your dose has been messed up, they may put you on a true regimen. But you probably should call your derm and confirm with them the true consequences of pre-maturely terminating a course only to restart again a few months down the line.

As someone who was too anxious to start Accutane and wound up starting at the end of last year (blood testing, etc), the extra $250 that didn't count towards this year's deductible is really hurting me. I should have just waited the 30 days. In your case, the wait would be a little longer, but I think it would save you more.

But who knows, it just might work permanently and you wouldn't need to restart again. Good luck! :D

Yeah - my biggest fear is that the derm is going to say 'Well, you need to start over and do 6 months'.

Being on Tane is better than having acne - but just barely :(