Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

- Fraxel Survey -

1. How old are you? Female/Male?

2. What kind of acne scarring do you have & where?

3. How many treatments are you having in total?

4. Total price of your treatments?

5. How many treatments have you had so far and what kind of improvement are you seeing?

6. How far apart are you treatments?

7. Have you experienced any temporary/permanent side effects after the treatments?(ex.: breakouts, rocea, etc.)

8. Do you plan on getting more treatments if you're still not satisfied with the results?

5. How many treatments have you had so far and what kind of improvement are you seeing?

7. Have you experienced any temporary/permanent side effects after the treatments?(ex.: breakouts, rocea, etc.)

8. Do you plan on getting more treatments if you're still not satisfied with the results?

1. How old are you? Female/Male? 37- Female

2. What kind of acne scarring do you have & where? Rolling with a few boxcar

3. How many treatments are you having in total? Supposed to have six

4. Total price of your treatments? $3000

5. How many treatments have you had so far and what kind of improvement are you seeing? I have had 4 treatments and have not seen any results. My skin actually looks worse than ever as I now have more scarring. I don't know why that is but it is.

6. How far apart are you treatments? 2 weeks apart

7. Have you experienced any temporary/permanent side effects after the treatments?(ex.: breakouts, rocea, etc.) The only side effect I have is new scarring!

8. Do you plan on getting more treatments if you're still not satisfied with the results? NO!

5. How many treatments have you had so far and what kind of improvement are you seeing? I have had 4 treatments and have not seen any results. My skin actually looks worse than ever as I now have more scarring. I don't know why that is but it is.

7. Have you experienced any temporary/permanent side effects after the treatments?(ex.: breakouts, rocea, etc.) The only side effect I have is new scarring!

8. Do you plan on getting more treatments if you're still not satisfied with the results? NO!

ARTIC MONKEY - Some researchers report good results in hypopigmented facial areas with Fraxel 1550 SR (see DERMATOLOGICAL SURGERY,3 /07, VOL. 3, Issue 3, p.289, by Drs. Glaich, Rahman, Goldberg, et al. ) Per report, only 7 patients were studied, but 6 of them had 51-75% improvement of hypopig. ; & one had a 25-50% improvement. So don't give up yet...

43 - FEMALE

INDENTED EXCISION-CHEEK

COMPLETED 6 WITH FRAXEL 1 20MJ-35 MJ ALL 125 DENSITY *TREATMENTS WERE SPOT-TO SCAR AREA ONLY*

$1500

COMPLETED 6...GOOD RESULTS... HAD SUBCISION AT 1ST TREATMENT...FOLLOWED WITH PSR3 --3 WEEKS AFTER LAST FRAXEL TREATMENT

1-2 WEEKS APART

"DOG EAR" RAISED BUMP AT BASE OF EXCISION SEEMED TO RAISE UP (THE PSR3 FLATTENED IT)

I WILL WAIT AND SEE HOW THINGS LOOK BY WINTER '08. I MAY HAVE MORE FRAXEL. IT IS CONSERVATIVE FOR ME SINCE THE TREATMENTS ARE SPOT AND I HAD NO DOWN TIME WITH THE FRAXEL (UNLIKE THE PSR3 1 WEEK DOWNTIME)

1. How old are you? early 20's Male

2. What kind of acne scarring do you have & where? Had on tops of cheeks ice picks

3. How many treatments are you having in total? bunch of excisions and 6 Fraxels

4. Total price of your treatments? several thousand total

5. How many treatments have you had so far and what kind of improvement are you seeing? Done for a long time. 95% gone not even noticable as acne scars anymore

6. How far apart are you treatments? 6 weeks after excisions did first then 1 month between

7. Have you experienced any temporary/permanent side effects after the treatments?(ex.: breakouts, rocea, etc.) No side effects other than sunburn look which went right away

No I have all but forgotten the ugly scars and all the acne crap. Accutane+excision+fraxel = nice skin

Don't make any decisions based solely on my results. Most of the people on here have seen some kind of positive result and almost no one is reporting any kind of new scarring. Why I have some new scarring is beyond me. I asked the RN who was doing my Fraxel why I have new scars and she had no answer for me so, I decided not to have my last two treatments. You might have great results! Good luck with what ever you decide to do!

Don't make any decisions based solely on my results. Most of the people on here have seen some kind of positive result and almost no one is reporting any kind of new scarring. Why I have some new scarring is beyond me. I asked the RN who was doing my Fraxel why I have new scars and she had no answer for me so, I decided not to have my last two treatments. You might have great results! Good luck with what ever you decide to do!

hi cautiously, you weren't using any acidic topicals or retin-a/taz/etc in conjunction or along a similar time frame, were you?

This survey probably should have included questions about which Fraxel was used (1 or 2) and on what settings.

hi cautiously, you weren't using any acidic topicals or retin-a/taz/etc in conjunction or along a similar time frame, were you?

38 Female

I have a lot of different types of scarring all over my face. I don't have icepick scarring.

I had 5

$4000

5 and my skin is still improving though very subtly

mostly 4 weeks apart except the last one was 3 weeks

I had a lot of swelling and redness. whiteheads the day after treatment but that went away when the swelling went down. I have experience quite a bit of milia and some odd red bumps but I am using a few different topicals to adress these problems. Seems to be getting a little better.

i would love to have another round of treatments but I can't afford it right now. I think this would make me satisfied. The cost is what makes me not completely satisfied.

Female

acne scars on cheeks and chin

$3000

4 and not a bit of improvement. The money is gone down the drain just like any other treatment that I had (i.e. IPL, chemical peel, Obaji, microdermabrasion and etc...)

4 weeks

white heads, black heads, bumps, breakouts

Hell NO! People don't waste your money!

Female

$3000

4 and not a bit of improvement. The money is gone down the drain just like any other treatment that I had (i.e. IPL, chemical peel, Obaji, microdermabrasion and etc...)

4 weeks

Female

$3000

4 weeks

1. How old are you? Female/Male? 45 - Female

2. What kind of acne scarring do you have & where? - Rolling scars, temples, forehead and cheeks

3. How many treatments are you having in total? 5

4. Total price of your treatments? $4000

5. How many treatments have you had so far and what kind of improvement are you seeing? Had done 2 treatments so far (Palomar StarLux 1540 - equivalent to the Fraxel 2), so far not much improvement. Always feel pretty good until the swelling goes down and then back to full scars. Hoping to see some improvement after #3 and #4. Doing subcision 1 week prior to Fraxel #3 in one week and then subcision with fillers after #5

6. How far apart are you treatments? 4 weeks

7. Have you experienced any temporary/permanent side effects after the treatments?(ex.: breakouts, rocea, etc.) A few breakouts, but I know it's from the cleanser and the biafine that they have me using right after my treatment.

8. Do you plan on getting more treatments if you're still not satisfied with the results? I'm hoping the Fraxel will improve my skin's texture and the subcision and fillers will make the most improvement and I won't want to do any more treatments, but I'm sure I will want to - but can I afford it, probably not.