Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skribby

The theory that it takes a couple of weeks for a pimple to form

You know how you stay up late one night and wake up with a nice whitehead? Or when you eat alot of junk food, and either a few hours or a day later, you breakout? Could what we're doing be causing these pimples to breakout and form?

Most people would say that it's not possible because it takes a couple of weeks for a pimple to form, while other say it's just pure chance or timing that the pimple formed after that night you stayed up late, or that time you ate all that junk food.

But what I'm thinking is what if the things we do (staying up late, junk food, etc.) cause those pimples to form and develop faster than they're supposed to? Maybe it's true that in some cases staying up late and eating junk food DOES indeed cause acne, and not the fact that the pimple just formed the day after by pure chance..

Well, not like I know anything I'm talking about.. :rolleyes: I'm just saying.. anyways, what do you guys think of this?

You know how you stay up late one night and wake up with a nice whitehead? Or when you eat alot of junk food, and either a few hours or a day later, you breakout? Could what we're doing be causing these pimples to breakout and form?

Most people would say that it's not possible because it takes a couple of weeks for a pimple to form, while other say it's just pure chance or timing that the pimple formed after that night you stayed up late, or that time you ate all that junk food.

But what I'm thinking is what if the things we do (staying up late, junk food, etc.) cause those pimples to form and develop faster than they're supposed to? Maybe it's true that in some cases staying up late and eating junk food DOES indeed cause acne, and not the fact that the pimple just formed the day after by pure chance..

Well, not like I know anything I'm talking about.. :rolleyes: I'm just saying.. anyways, what do you guys think of this?

I think people get confused when they say it takes weeks to form. They are technically likely true, for example the abnormal skin shedding, the blockage etc, may all happen over time. But, the problem is that a lot of reactions, inflammations etc, can happen pretty quickly (imo), so while there may be a slow process of its gradual "setting the scene", other things can cause the flare up once that part is done. Some potential spots never even come into being, some do etc.

it could be that those spots are bound to come soon

but when you add in those factors, like staying up late and eating junk foods etc.

it might set the pimples off little faster than they are destined to be

these factors aggrevate acne, because they stimulates the gland to produce more oil