Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spikeyli

Question about colored contacts

So I finally got my colored contacts, Freshlook Colorblends, this week and had been wearing the Amethyst color over the weekend. So far I like the color, it's a darker purple on my dark brown eyes so the change is subtle and not screaming "look at my fake purple eyes". And it really make my eyes sparkle, not sure why it does though. On my first day the lenses kind of irritated my eyes but on the second day it was fine. I think it's just a matter of adjusting to a new brand. I hope I won't have to go through this every week as I don't plan to wear color lenses to work, only on the weekends for fun.

Now comfort aside, I now wonder what it would be like to have contacts that make my eyes much lighter. With Freshlook, my eyes look dark purple in low lights and medium purple in sunlights. I do like how it has a nice dark ring on the outside to make it realistic looking, well as realistic as an Asian girl with purple eyes look. The only thing that irks me is the middle clear iris part is a bit big so if you stand close to me, you kind of see the brown of my eyes, oh and the lens slips a little down from my pupil for some reason. But that's the beauty of the purple, the brown is light enough to blend in with the dark purple so it's not that big of a deal.

I would like to stick with Freshlook, but I now wonder about having bright light purple eyes (yes, I like the color purple, I think it's a fun color for eyes and am not really interested in other eye colors) instead. You know for that once in a while totally fake freaky look. I've done my research and found Illusions and Durasoft to be really good safe brands. Has anybody else use them? What do you think? I also found two other brands but nobody seems to ever written a review on them, they're Ambition and Impressions. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

So I finally got my colored contacts, Freshlook Colorblends, this week and had been wearing the Amethyst color over the weekend. So far I like the color, it's a darker purple on my dark brown eyes so the change is subtle and not screaming "look at my fake purple eyes". And it really make my eyes sparkle, not sure why it does though. On my first day the lenses kind of irritated my eyes but on the second day it was fine. I think it's just a matter of adjusting to a new brand. I hope I won't have to go through this every week as I don't plan to wear color lenses to work, only on the weekends for fun.

Now comfort aside, I now wonder what it would be like to have contacts that make my eyes much lighter. With Freshlook, my eyes look dark purple in low lights and medium purple in sunlights. I do like how it has a nice dark ring on the outside to make it realistic looking, well as realistic as an Asian girl with purple eyes look. The only thing that irks me is the middle clear iris part is a bit big so if you stand close to me, you kind of see the brown of my eyes, oh and the lens slips a little down from my pupil for some reason. But that's the beauty of the purple, the brown is light enough to blend in with the dark purple so it's not that big of a deal.

I would like to stick with Freshlook, but I now wonder about having bright light purple eyes (yes, I like the color purple, I think it's a fun color for eyes and am not really interested in other eye colors) instead. You know for that once in a while totally fake freaky look. I've done my research and found Illusions and Durasoft to be really good safe brands. Has anybody else use them? What do you think? I also found two other brands but nobody seems to ever written a review on them, they're Ambition and Impressions. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have them, but my eyes can't seem to get adjusted to them. I guess my eyes are just super sensitive. I'm currently using Hydraclears. hopefully i can get them adjusted so I can wear green or purple sometime...

I'm also asian btw..

Which brand do you use?

Actually on the second day my eyes got used to the shape of the new contacts and it fit just fine with no discomfort. Still, I like to have different range of purple color if I could find a good substitute.

Which brand do you use?

Actually on the second day my eyes got used to the shape of the new contacts and it fit just fine with no discomfort. Still, I like to have different range of purple color if I could find a good substitute.

I have freshlook too

I actually like my natural eyecolor better though.. I'm really ugly.. I think the only thing cool about me are my eyes.. I think >.<

Which brand do you use?

I have freshlook too

I actually like my natural eyecolor better though.. I'm really ugly.. I think the only thing cool about me are my eyes.. I think >.<

I'm sure you're not ugly, don't be so hard on yourself.

I like my natural eye color too, I just want to have something different for fun.