Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian37

Benzaclin users look inside

who uses benzaclin? I have a couple questions...

1. how often do you use it?

(since I don't have a lot of active zits my derm told me I don't have to use it everyday just make sure to use it on a constant basis) - I plan to use it every night until the active zits are gone than switch it to every other night.

2. do you spot treat or cover whole face?

3. do you use a moisturizer after applying the benzaclin? if yes which one?

(im currently using lac-hydrin five, everyone keeps telling me cetaphil but I used that once before and made my face look way to oily.)

what other stuff do you guys add to your regimen? im trying to go all organic if possible. any other suggestions or insights would be much apprectiated, thanks :D

use it twice a day after washing and cover your entire face. moisturize after you apply it.

im trying to stay away from using the benzaclin twice a day, only at night. (my face isn't bad enough to use it twice a day anyways). reason being it makes my face super dry and any moisturizer I use makes my face look oily. the plan is to use the benzaclin at night and cake on some cetaphil moisturizing creme (not the lotion). I don't care that my face will look oily at night, going into public looking like that sucks though. this is why I only plan to use both at night. one question, I put on the benzaclin, wait 20 mins than apply moisturizer but when i rub it in i'll get clumps on my face. is this from putting too much benzaclin on? not waiting long enough for the benzaclin to dry? what exactly is causing this?

in the morning i'll continue to wash my face with cetaphil facial wash (the one in the pump bottle). and maybe throw the apple cidear vinegar back in there considering it kept me from getting really oily during the day and helped fade redmarks. should I still cover my whole face with the benzaclin even though theres no active zits just redmarks?

by the way this is my second time using benzaclin. the first time wasn't pretty, I was the type that thought putting on alot would help my face clear faster and the bad part was I never used moisturizer. we all know how benzaclin drys your face :(

Brian,

I have been using benzaclin for 4 months and it's the best thing I've ever used. Consider that I have used many many many OTC benzoyl peroxide creams.

I use benzaclin twice a day morning and night. Initially I never moisturized. This was not a good idea as benzaclin seriously dried out my face. I got fine lines and creases on my face because of the dryness, and also my face was so tight that I couldn't smile or show any sort of emotion lol.

I use an oil free moisturizer (Clinique, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel). I use only a pea size and it's enough to moisturize my entire face and allow me to actually smile (with teeth!) after I apply benzaclin. I always remember to wait at least 5 minutes before applying the moisturizer.

I used to never use a moisturizer. But when I started, I finally realized the benefits of a good moisturizer. When I don't moisturize, a lot of the benzaclin just sits on top of my skin (not really being absorbed) and then dry up and flake and make my skin look like its peeling. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. When I wash my face (without moisturizing), I can feel the benzaclin bleeding off my face (showing that it wasn't really absorbed).

But when I DO moisturize. The flakiness is gone and I notice that the benzaclin does not just sit on top of my skin. My moisturizer actually helped benzaclin absorb. I also notice that with the aid of a moisturizer, benzaclin works much faster.

To avoid the clumping, make sure you rub the benzaclin into your face very well. Rubbing gently until you notice your face feel tacky. Keep going until your face is dry. I good way to de-clump is to get a good scrub and exfoliate. But be very careful when choosing scrubs as it can irritate your acne.

who uses benzaclin? I have a couple questions...

1. how often do you use it? Once at night before bed, then proceed to cake on cetaphil moisturizing cream

(since I don't have a lot of active zits my derm told me I don't have to use it everyday just make sure to use it on a constant basis) - I plan to use it every night until the active zits are gone than switch it to every other night.

2. do you spot treat or cover whole face? i do a little of both, entire forehead, but spot my chin area. NONE on my cheeks...i put Finacea on my checks twice a day, along with my nose....never do i put Benzaclin on place i don't get acne....absolutely never

3. do you use a moisturizer after applying the benzaclin? if yes which one? Yes, i cake on the Cetaphil moisturizing cream...it'll put double the moisture back into your skin than what the benzaclin is taking out

(im currently using lac-hydrin five, everyone keeps telling me cetaphil but I used that once before and made my face look way to oily.)

what other stuff do you guys add to your regimen? im trying to go all organic if possible. any other suggestions or insights would be much apprectiated, thanks :DI Finacea day time with light moisturizer, then go BP'in at night and cake on moisturizer that is thick and does a good job ( aka cetaphil moisturizing cream in 16oz tub, not bottle...tub)

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

300.jpg

thanks for the replys guys, since I really don't have active zits I only use the benzaclin at night very lighty. I wait 30 mins than apply lac-hydrin five moisturizing lotion (an alpha hydroxy acid lotion). this stuff works great, at first it kindda burned a little but now my face is used to it and loves it. i'm so happy my derm put me back on benzaclin because its defitinty kicking ass... my mother even said "wow your face is looking alot better".

in the morning I clean my face with cetaphil and apply more lac-hydrin five so my face stays nice and moisturized all day long. dryness is the devil :doh:

yeah I have redmarks but they're fadding day by day. I would take redmarks over zits any day of the week thats for sure. so far so good, at least now I can go into public and not sweat bullets wondering if people are looking at my face.

ps. patience is key trust me :D

for those who are looking for help I would def ask your derm for benzaclin as a tropical, you won't regret it :dance: