Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

who is sick of making effort with people...

who is sick of putting effort into people? i know i am. i'm becoming a hermit... lol. no more calling anyone, initiating, etc. :D who's with me? :whistle:

who is sick of putting effort into people? i know i am. i'm becoming a hermit... lol. no more calling anyone, initiating, etc. :D who's with me? :whistle:

Guest Kimmay

we all get like that sometimes. I totally understand. thats all i can say.

yep nothing wrong with you for not wanting to talk or see anyone, its a very natural inclination for people with acne.

Acnes not your fault and neither are the effects of having acne such as antisocial tendencies and depression, none of it is your fault so dont feel bad just find ways to deal with it effectively. while you are find your solution spend time reading watching movies and stuff like that and any clear days go out and see people but dont make any furture plans as the acne will surely come back but try to be social when you feel somewhat comfortable but if you are not feeling it dont do it unless its like work or something of course but never feel guilty for the effects of acne its not your fault.

this video will sum up the whole attitude you should employ right here and show you a thing or two about with dealing with a handicap or percieved fault. Its about doing what you can with what you got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCZv7786KY

yep nothing wrong with you for not wanting to talk or see anyone, its a very natural inclination for people with acne.

Acnes not your fault and neither are the effects of having acne such as antisocial tendencies and depression, none of it is your fault so dont feel bad just find ways to deal with it effectively. while you are find your solution spend time reading watching movies and stuff like that and any clear days go out and see people but dont make any furture plans as the acne will surely come back but try to be social when you feel somewhat comfortable but if you are not feeling it dont do it unless its like work or something of course but never feel guilty for the effects of acne its not your fault.

this video will sum up the whole attitude you should employ right here and show you a thing or two about with dealing with a handicap or percieved fault. Its about doing what you can with what you got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCZv7786KY

Guest T-Virus

Yeah I get so sick of communicating with people sometimes. I was like that today. I was very quiet in class and didn't say much to anybody.

yea im kinda sick into putting effort into plans with people, as cheesey / lame that sounds. I only hang out with people who call me for a change.

Thats a term back in highschool health class for this type of relationship, where one person is doing all the work and other one just mooches off and not putting any effort into the relationship. Both as friends or in a relationship. fuck those people.

I don't think it means you're nesscarily a hermit - maybe you're just wanting or needing different things.

As I get older, I want more out of a friend. Being an aqquaitence doesn't cut it anymore. Just hanging out on the weekends doesn't cut it anymore. At nearly 26, I need a friend who can share life goals with me - who understands damn near every quirk and mood I have - someone who, because they are trying to build a life themselves, understands it when sometimes I have to work overtime and that means I'm going to have to cancel plans. I want someone is who is an adult themselves - honestly, the idea of someone hanging out almost every night really puts me off - but at the same time - they need to have been crazy enough (and still be, in some way!) to understand that sometimes Elsewhere starts spouting really wierd shit and just to love me anyways.

That takes alot of work. Being MY friend takes alot of work - and for me to give all of that to someone - THAT takes alot of work. I don't have the time nor the energy to give that to everyone, and I refuse anymore to just have a lot of so-so friends. So these days, I have very few face to face friends - but the ones I have I love fiercely and they love me just as strongly.

I think that's worth it. :)

I agree with you 100 percent. I am a disabled hermit of almost 40 years old with a face that looks like a war zone and I'm sick and tired of the pointed stares whenever I venture out of my apt. to go to work, shopping, etc.. The last time someone stared at me in the drugstore (the day before yesterday) I just hollered at him at the top of my lungs, "what's your f-ing problem? Haven't you ever seen a woman with acne before?" I was very proud of myself for standing up for myself, cause I don't usually have the guts to do that.

In case you think I'm a b**ch, I'm not. And I'm not usually nasty, either, but I'm sure getting that way. When does a person get old enough that people don't make cruel comments about something like acne or scarring or a physical disability that is beyond the sufferer's control or stare at you like you're a circus freak? I was raised not to stare at anyone, I was told it was impolite. Apparently manners are a dying art these days...

Best wishes from bookyone :)