Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catrat242

best MAC conealer and foundation?

what do you guys think of MAC's concealer and foundation?

ive never had any MAC produtcs before,so why not invest in the face stuff first?

so what do you guys reccomend for the concealer and foundation?

i was thinkging of the Studio Finish :D

thanks so much! :D

Need a little more info...

What kind of coverage do you want?

Do you want an SPF?

Does it need to be oil-free?

What is your skin type? Normal/Dry/Oily?

There are 12 different MAC foundations. I can give you a recommendation based on your foundation needs.

Studio Finish concealer. Hands down the best concealer. Use the MAC 194 brush to apply it.

Do you want an SPF?

There are 12 different MAC foundations. I can give you a recommendation based on your foundation needs.

Studio Finish concealer. Hands down the best concealer. Use the MAC 194 brush to apply it.

I personally can't stand MAC products. Not only are they not the professional makeup artists they let up to be, but their cosmetics(with the exception of their wide variety of eyeshadows)suck. If you're looking for a genius foundation, I highly recomend Prescriptives. You should more than likely be able to find a counter in a local dept. store. I use the Virtual Skin Foundation which provides a sheer, natural coverage. It's oil-free with SPF 10.

The thing about Prescriptives is that its very precise. You should really go to a counter so they can match you because their formulas are based upon exact pigmentation. They basically match you based on the four undertones scale and then pick a foundation suitable for your skin and that of course, will match. Three out of their five foundation formulas are oil-free. The tinted moisturizer and the foundation for mature, dry skin are not. Overall, they're a bit pricey, but if you want a good foundation and you're willing to pay $25 for MAC, $32-$39 shouldn't be too much of a difference. Especially for what you're getting.

http://www.prescriptives.com/home.tmpl?ngextredir=1

As for concealer, I really like Burts Bees. If anything, it probably contains the most oil-based ingredients in the world, but they're for the most part natural and they have a high pigment content. If you're looking for something a bit more...normal, Bobbi Brown's corrector concealer is awesome. This is also very rich in pigment and covers perfectly without any caking or creasing. However, if you are tempted by her foundations, I must say that the Oil-free Even Finish Foundation was terrible for many reasons. I didn't test the others after that.

Here's a fantastic site I discovered on accident when searching a band's picture...This guy is a makeup artist. An unbiased makeup artist that recomends the tools of the trade used by most professionals. He also happens to be very much against MAC and Estee Lauder. You could probably read his blog and understand a little more than the basic "I hate" statement I gave you earlier. Anywho, many concealers and foundations are recomended, all professional, therefore majority are pricey. He does mention some average, unexpected products ie Cetaphil moisturizer and wet n'wild lip liner. There's a lot of good info in there. Take some time to thoroughly investigate. I still stand by my Prescriptives foundation suggestion, though!

http://madenyc.com/inmykit/inmykit.html -Just click the "InMyKit" box link at the top of the page.

I know this was a long, enduring four paragraphs but I'm sure there's something in that large lump-sum of ranting nonsense that will be to your benefit.

Good luck with everything! :thumbsup:

I personally can't stand MAC products. Not only are they not the professional makeup artists they let up to be, but their cosmetics(with the exception of their wide variety of eyeshadows)suck. If you're looking for a genius foundation, I highly recomend Prescriptives. You should more than likely be able to find a counter in a local dept. store. I use the Virtual Skin Foundation which provides a sheer, natural coverage. It's oil-free with SPF 10.

The thing about Prescriptives is that its very precise. You should really go to a counter so they can match you because their formulas are based upon exact pigmentation. They basically match you based on the four undertones scale and then pick a foundation suitable for your skin and that of course, will match. Three out of their five foundation formulas are oil-free. The tinted moisturizer and the foundation for mature, dry skin are not. Overall, they're a bit pricey, but if you want a good foundation and you're willing to pay $25 for MAC, $32-$39 shouldn't be too much of a difference. Especially for what you're getting.

http://www.prescriptives.com/home.tmpl?ngextredir=1

As for concealer, I really like Burts Bees. If anything, it probably contains the most oil-based ingredients in the world, but they're for the most part natural and they have a high pigment content. If you're looking for something a bit more...normal, Bobbi Brown's corrector concealer is awesome. This is also very rich in pigment and covers perfectly without any caking or creasing. However, if you are tempted by her foundations, I must say that the Oil-free Even Finish Foundation was terrible for many reasons. I didn't test the others after that.

Here's a fantastic site I discovered on accident when searching a band's picture...This guy is a makeup artist. An unbiased makeup artist that recomends the tools of the trade used by most professionals. He also happens to be very much against MAC and Estee Lauder. You could probably read his blog and understand a little more than the basic "I hate" statement I gave you earlier. Anywho, many concealers and foundations are recomended, all professional, therefore majority are pricey. He does mention some average, unexpected products ie Cetaphil moisturizer and wet n'wild lip liner. There's a lot of good info in there. Take some time to thoroughly investigate. I still stand by my Prescriptives foundation suggestion, though!

http://madenyc.com/inmykit/inmykit.html -Just click the "InMyKit" box link at the top of the page.

I know this was a long, enduring four paragraphs but I'm sure there's something in that large lump-sum of ranting nonsense that will be to your benefit.

Good luck with everything! :thumbsup:

Well the best part about most foundations in dept. stores is that you can ask for samples and test them out at home where the light isn't so decieving. I love Prescriptives but it doesn't suprise me that some people don't. I say give a sample a shot. Especially before you buy MAC...*shudder*

Do you want an SPF?

MAC Select SPF 15 (not oil-free, water based)

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 (oil-free, emollient based)

If your dryness clears up, I would try MAC Studio Fix (compact).

I would also recommend Clinique Clarifying Makeup Clear Skin Formula foundation.