Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alecia

New Product, no idea have what to do.

I bought that new product, Neutrogena Acne Stress Control (foam). I think I have been using it for about three weeks. I am breaking out more than usual. I figured that since it SUPPOSIBLY cleans out the pores, that my skin is just purging (taking out the junk). I really don't know whether to stop using it and just go back to what I was doin or what? Any help would be great, especially if someone is testing out this product like me.

Thanks!

Eh, don't ever expect to clear with Neutrogena. the product you're talking about uses 10% BP which is the strongest it goes and is extremely irritating. Especially if you're just using the wash, washes should be extremely gentle, just removes the dirt, and then follow with a topical.

What else are you using?

Eh, don't ever expect to clear with Neutrogena. the product you're talking about uses 10% BP which is the strongest it goes and is extremely irritating. Especially if you're just using the wash, washes should be extremely gentle, just removes the dirt, and then follow with a topical.

What else are you using?

actually it only uses 0.5% SA

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=21234

What else are you using?

Ya, the product I'm using is only 0.5% SA. Which is good the SA is a low dose, my face can't handle a lot of SA.

It's just weird though cause I am now starting to get these little bumps on each side of my chin. The last time this happened was when I tried using Retin A (that didn't work out).

Okay, anywho, I started off with Clean and Clear Oxegen foam stuff (if that helps) and Clendimicine prescription. That worked great for a couple of months, then I slowly started to get the pimples back. So I decided to add Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub (I only use this on my noise) and the new Neutrogena product.

Should I just stop using it and go back to just the three products? Like I said, I have been using this stuff for three weeks now, I figured that it would start workin by now. Don't know.

Thanks for all of the comments, it helps my decision making a lot.

Hmm i'm using the same neutrogena wash and it seems to be working quite well for me. Although I have noticed sometimes it feels well filmy? Perhaps there's an ingredient in there somewhere that's clogging your pores?

i used that wash with partial success..it was gentle and gentle at clearing me up but i didnt have purging when i used it..i have moderate acne..but when i switched to the scrub i got purging but the scrub + the 3-in-1 acne treatment along with it is clearing me up very nicely..