Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoCold

Food questions..about:

Q: I'm currently on the Paleo diet, which allows fruit, but I want to keep my sugar intake low because I believe that is also contributing to my acne. But don't fruit have sugars? Is it too much sugar? Should I also eiminate fruit?

Q2: As I am on the Paleo diet, meats are a main source of amino acids and protein, but I just don't have time to grill hamburger/fish every night! Any tips?

Thanks guys.

UPDATE: Instead of making new threads like I usually do, Ill just post my new questions here:

What is this copper <-> zinc relationship I'm hearing I should know about before I start taking zinc? Do I also need to buy copper? Is it possible to get it inside the zinc capsule?

Thanks again.

Q: I'm currently on the Paleo diet, which allows fruit, but I want to keep my sugar intake low because I believe that is also contributing to my acne. But don't fruit have sugars? Is it too much sugar? Should I also eiminate fruit?

Q2: As I am on the Paleo diet, meats are a main source of amino acids and protein, but I just don't have time to grill hamburger/fish every night! Any tips?

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys.

Q1: Well, the general consensus seems to be that the sugars in fruit won't really hurt you because the fruit overall takes longer to digest. Check out the glycemic loads of various fruits, almost all them are "safe" under 10. However, there are some people who insist that sugars from fruit was too much, and they got better results after avoiding them. Do what yields best results for you.

Q2: Get a George Foreman grill!!!

Thanks guys.

Q1: Well, the general consensus seems to be that the sugars in fruit won't really hurt you because the fruit overall takes longer to digest. Check out the glycemic loads of various fruits, almost all them are "safe" under 10. However, there are some people who insist that sugars from fruit was too much, and they got better results after avoiding them. Do what yields best results for you.

Q2: Get a George Foreman grill!!!

I am also on the Paleo diet, what I do for cooking, is I will usually cook more than I can eat at one meal, and eat it the next day for breakfast or lunch.

For example, If I am making chicken, I will bake four half bone-in chicken breasts and eat 2 at dinner, and then the other 2 for lunch the next day. Or, I sometimes cook 8 bowls full of chili on Sunday, and then eat them throughout the week when I don't have time to cook a meal.

Basically the idea is to just cook more than one meal at a time.

Thank you notadoctor!

I'm going to try preparing 3-4 days ahead, maybe that will make it easier.

I have updated my topic with another question if anyone has the time to take a look :)