Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
social conformist

International Shipping Costs

Hi!

I was just wondering why the costs keep on increasing for courier shipping methods on Dans website? When he used DHL it costed about 40USD to ship 3 tubes of BP to Norway, about a month ago I ordered the same again with the FedEX option that had come up, and it costed me $48.39. Today I checked the website again, and I see it has changed to USPS and the price is now $51.24... Why is it keeping on increasing with new companies? Shouldnt the price go the other way?

I'll ask Joel to get back to you on this one. Did you check all of the options in the drop down menu?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for looking into it. The normal US Airmail has stayed about the same since the start (about 12-15 USD) so thats fine. However the courier option seems to become more expensive. I typed USPS in the previous post, when i meant UPS had become more expensive than FEDEX, sorry....

UPS Worldwide should cost about the same price as FedEx International Priority was (our previous International shipping method). I will try to explain why it may be a little high at the moment.

3 tubes of gel is a little over a pound, which would have to shipped as 2 lbs. The retail rate for UPS Worldwide Saver to Norway for a 2 lb package is $75.25 + $2.20 surcharge for residential delivery. We do receive a discount off the retail rate (somewhere between 40-60%), which we are trying to determine exactly so that we charge our customers exactly what the postage should be. Since we just recently switched, it may take us a week or two longer to settle down the prices as best as possible. What this means, is that the $51 current charge may drop down to around $35 to match or beat what it used to cost by DHL or FedEx.

Also, UPS Worldwide is guaranteed in 1-3 business days which, I believe, is faster than both DHL and FedEx Priority.