Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey folks, i am contemplating having fraxel done within the next couple of months, to try and help bledn in the skin that was ruined due to a botched dermabrasion, although i was just wondering if anyone has anything bad to report about Fraxel laser, or if anyone who has had treatment with this laser but saw no improvement, as this is a big step for me, not to mention the expense, i will have to take out a bank loan to afford the treatment, therefore i want to make sure it's worth it.

Thanks guys, your all a great help.

Hey folks, i am contemplating having fraxel done within the next couple of months, to try and help bledn in the skin that was ruined due to a botched dermabrasion, although i was just wondering if anyone has anything bad to report about Fraxel laser, or if anyone who has had treatment with this laser but saw no improvement, as this is a big step for me, not to mention the expense, i will have to take out a bank loan to afford the treatment, therefore i want to make sure it's worth it.

Thanks guys, your all a great help.

I have read every single post in the Fraxel thread, and I would say not a single person has reported their skin getting worse. A few people have reported that their skin did not respond, but most of them didn't stick with it (i.e., being too impatient and stopping before the 3rd treatment, when most people start seeing results).

While I am fraxel supporter, I think Zonk is overly enthusiastic. First, Cameron reported and posted pcitures showing some enlargement of cheek scars. That said, i think he is the only one of many many posters to report this. I think there is less than a 1% chance of things getting worse.

However, there seem to be many weak or even non responders. I would put myself in the weak category. So, I do think there is a moderate probability that you might end up thinking that fraxel was not cost justified. That is subjective and of course depends on how you respond and your financial resources.

While I am fraxel supporter, I think Zonk is overly enthusiastic. First, Cameron reported and posted pcitures showing some enlargement of cheek scars. That said, i think he is the only one of many many posters to report this. I think there is less than a 1% chance of things getting worse.

However, there seem to be many weak or even non responders. I would put myself in the weak category. So, I do think there is a moderate probability that you might end up thinking that fraxel was not cost justified. That is subjective and of course depends on how you respond and your financial resources.

I concur with you billyboy said. The only thing I would say about Cameron's scars were that they were scarred pores and rather minor, even with the enlargement. No one has really seen negative results on non-scarred pore type scarring as far as I remember.