Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I just had was wondering if anyone had any tips for shaving? I keep getting whiteheads on my upper jaw area, and Im pretty sure its from shaving. could be something else but i doubt it.

right now I;m on 50mg of accutane, have been on accutane for 6 months, (not 50 for all though, just recently bumped up to get rid of these annoying daily forming whiteheads on my jaw line!)

basically, i shave every other day. i use a nice shaving brush to lather King of Shaves Antibacterial Shave Gel, I then use Eucerin daily for a moiusturizer and nivea for men sensitive aftershave on my neck cuz it needs a bit more soothing. I dont shave agaisnt the grain, i go slow, I dont press the razor agaisnt my skin. I just dont get it. Everyday its a new whitehead, or two. I pop them, and they go away fast, but thats beside the point. Due to the fact that I get two or more daily, that area is jst a big red circle and the rest of my skin is clear.

This has been happening for like 2 months now. At first I thought my skin was just draining out zits there from the accutane, but come on, I doubt i had that many whiteheads down there waiting to pop up daily.

Anyone have any tips for this? Any good products or anything?

Its wierd though cause before the accutane I didnt really get spots after shaving in that regoin so much.

i apply 100% aloe vera gel as an after shave. Also i put it in the refrigerator so when u apply it to ur face its great to feel the freshness.

maybe u also can try shaving every two days and of course change ur razor blade every 5-7 shaves depending on how thick is your facial hair,,,

byebye

i notice you are using a "brush" to put on your shaving cream. Are you using a badger hair brush, and if so what kind of razor are you using? If you are wet-shaving like i think you are, then you might want to try a new blade.

i shave only once a week even though im approaching 6 months off accutane. that way i get zero irritation.

i use the norelco smart touch xl. worth every penny.

moisturize first then shave and hour or two later.

i took an hour to shave today while i was watching a movie. i shave on sundays). just dab the electric razor to face without moving it. this way you shave without really touching the face or creating friction against the razor and skin.

follow this and you'll have zero irritation.

iv tried single blade shaving and rotary electric... the only thing that has worked is Foil Shavers, i take a hot shower, then after im done i lather up with some shaving foam .

I use the battery powered Mac Turbo with the 5 blade , the shaving gel that goes with it. I used to use the 3 blade, and didnt seem to have any problems I might switch back that possibly. Plus, its cheaper than the 5 blades. I think I might try the Aloe Vera as well.

Some suggest using electric razors but I dont like the fact that its not a close shave...

I use the battery powered Mac Turbo with the 5 blade , the shaving gel that goes with it. I used to use the 3 blade, and didnt seem to have any problems I might switch back that possibly. Plus, its cheaper than the 5 blades. I think I might try the Aloe Vera as well.

Some suggest using electric razors but I dont like the fact that its not a close shave...