Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord

Questions about MAC

So the other day I went into the MAC store and got the 187 brush. All i have to say is HOLY MOLY, it's sooo good! Seriously your face looks airbrushed!!

Anyways the SA kept trying to push things at me. Here's a bunch of stuff she wanted me to take home:

1. Microrefinisher - She told me that my skin is flakey and I need a good scrub to slough off all the dead skin or else it would clog pores. She said the aluminum crystals are amazing and the product gets amazing feedback.

2. Oil Control lotion - She told me that this moisturizer won't break me out and it will control my skin's oil production and also give a matte finish to makeup.

3. Some pink fluid used to clean the brush? - She told me that I absolutely need this because alcohol kills the bristles on the brush. And also I need to clean it before I use the brush because there are preservatives on it.

So how much of this is bull so she could gt her $$$$$$$$$$$ . ?

So the other day I went into the MAC store and got the 187 brush. All i have to say is HOLY MOLY, it's sooo good! Seriously your face looks airbrushed!!

Anyways the SA kept trying to push things at me. Here's a bunch of stuff she wanted me to take home:

1. Microrefinisher - She told me that my skin is flakey and I need a good scrub to slough off all the dead skin or else it would clog pores. She said the aluminum crystals are amazing and the product gets amazing feedback.

2. Oil Control lotion - She told me that this moisturizer won't break me out and it will control my skin's oil production and also give a matte finish to makeup.

3. Some pink fluid used to clean the brush? - She told me that I absolutely need this because alcohol kills the bristles on the brush. And also I need to clean it before I use the brush because there are preservatives on it.

1: The microfine refinisher- I :wub: it. I use it at least once a week if not once every 2/3 days. It wont break you out, it's really gentle. I really like it. It leaves my face all "fresh" :)

2: oil control lotion- I cant really comment on it, cos I've never actually purchased this.

3: Dont bother with it. It'll ruin your brushes. Good old baby shampoo or a gentle facial cleanser will do the trick for your brushes. I belive (rush25, please correct me if I'm wrong), but when you first purchase a MAC brush, you should wash it, because there is some sort of "glue" on it, which is meant to be there, it's a way of knowing if the brush has been used or not... or something. Or so I was told at my local MAC counter :shrug:

I'm glad you like the 187. I seriously suggest that to everyone.

1. Microfine Refinisher. It's a great exfoliator, if you need it. I'm not sure it's worth $26. I use it because I get it for free. Basically. If I had to pay for it, I would probably use a cheaper product. It's a great product and does what it is supposed to.

2. Oil Control Lotion. Decently controlled oil for me. It doesn't take away all shine, but it reduces it a lot. Another great product...you just need to try it. Ask for a sample at the MAC counter/store.

3. Do NOT get the Brush Cleanser. It will dry out your brushes. Just use baby shampoo. You do need to wash a brush before you use it for the first time because there is a preservative on the brushes to protect them during packaging and shipping.

Sorry, I don't know the ingredients off-hand. I personally don't use the product anymore so I don't have any.

If you have access to a MAC counter or store, you should stop in and ask for a sample of Oil Control Lotion. They should give you enough for two or three applications.