Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

Losing Hair: should I stop accutane now?

Hi I've been on accutane for about 7 weeks now. My acne is pretty clear now but another issue is scaring me. My hair is a lot thinner than it was before. I'm having trouble covering my forhead with my hair, like I'll have some patches where no hair is covering it. I've read from lots of people that their hair never came back. I'm really worried about this and I don't if it's worth it. I'm not sure but I haven't really noticed much hair falling out, but my hair seems a lot thinner than a month ago. But if it was falling out wouldn't there be hairs on my pillow? Maybe it's because I've been using a really powerful conditioner twice a day for the past month that I leave in for 5 minutes and rinse out? I'm thinking of just stopping after this month's dose ends, my skin is pretty clear right now.

I would keep going on the accutane. The hair loss is usually temporary and it does tend to happen around this time in a course, but should slow down in another couple of weeks. If you quit now, you won't get the results you want from accutane.

Around that time, my hair got thinner too(mine is naturally thin). Then on my last month it got thinner and that's when I shed lots of hair. The shedding has stopped but i'm not sure how long it'll take for it to get thick to it's normal self again. I'm not that worried about it, since the shedding stopped and I never got bald spots. My derm told me that if you get bald spotting, you may want to stop.

How is your family's hair gene?

stick to it bud, I experienced the same to some extent. Remember it may be slightly thinner but i bet it is you looking closer than ever before that is making it seem even thinner!!!

At least get to the three month mark,

Good luck!!

HEY BRO, GOOGLE PROPECIA, THATS WATH I AM TAKING RIGHT NOW JUST TO PREVENT THE HAIR LOSS, IT'S WORKING FOR ME IT MIGHT WORK FOR YOU.LATER

Ive only been on accutane for a month and a half this cant be permanent if I stop now..

Ive only been on accutane for a month and a half this cant be permanent if I stop now..

keep in mind that its also the time of the year where some people lose a lot of hair. I know I do in the fall and spring. (i'm not saying its not tane, i'm saying that it could be something to consider).

You guys don't realize it but Im freaking out right now, like in panic mode. I'm having trouble covering my forehead, while my hair has always been really thick.

Hmm. Have you talked to your dermatologist?

She/He can probably explain what is happening.

It's nothing to panic about... I doubt your hair won’t grow back.

If you feel like you want to stop taking tane, then go ahead.

Do what makes you feel safe.

What scared me the most are all the horror stories that I've read by simply typing "accutane hair loss" in google..

Guest ~Wolfy~
What scared me the most are all the horror stories that I've read by simply typing "accutane hair loss" in google..

When you say Biotin do you mean it's something that I consume or is it a type of shampoo?

When you say Biotin do you mean it's something that I consume or is it a type of shampoo?

It is a relatively inexpensive B vitamin that is important for nails skin and hair.

It is a relatively inexpensive B vitamin that is important for nails skin and hair.

Well I just called 2 walmarts and they had no clue what I was talking about.

Go to a Vitamin store and get the best quality of Biotin supplements. Make sure you read the label that it has NO Vitamin A in it. The highest MGs too.