Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kami

Anyone tried arteFILL?

ArteFILL is a FDA approved permanent filler for smile lines on the face. I was wodering whether anyone has tried it yet for deep acne scars?

1.)It could leave your skin permanently lumpy.

2.) expensive

3.) doesnt always work...might need three/four needles to realize this....by this time you will have already spent a ton of money

4.) implant stays in your face forever ....but the filler eventually wears off...they say for a long time but for some ppl it only lasts a year or so

5.) could have an allergic reaction

6.) dont get instant results

On the other hand, it has been the best treatment to date for me.

I did dermabrasion, CO2, IPL, subcision, peels, etc.

1.)It could leave your skin permanently lumpy.

2.) expensive

3.) doesnt always work...might need three/four needles to realize this....by this time you will have already spent a ton of money

4.) implant stays in your face forever ....but the filler eventually wears off...they say for a long time but for some ppl it only lasts a year or so

5.) could have an allergic reaction

6.) dont get instant results

Hold on there buddy. That is a very one sided research job you did. If you look up any filler you will eventually hear horror stories like this. All permanent fillers have these kinds of possibilities. This is not accurate for everyone, and I have heard some excellent results. In fact the company just reported that they did a double bind study with excellent results with patients who were injected five years later. I think it said 98% of them still had excellent results. With something like this you need to wait a little longer to see how good it is.