Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primo1

Can NOT moisturizing cause acne?

I still get small but very persistent whiteheads for months now and I'm wondering if as simple as moisturizing can prevent it? I basically use nothing right now except for an exfoliating cleanser. I produce a lot of oil after about 2 hours from washing. Any thoughts whether not moisturizing can cause breakouts? Thanks! :)

I still get small but very persistent whiteheads for months now and I'm wondering if as simple as moisturizing can prevent it? I basically use nothing right now except for an exfoliating cleanser. I produce a lot of oil after about 2 hours from washing. Any thoughts whether not moisturizing can cause breakouts? Thanks! :)

I guess it can by creating more dead skin, and the second oil is produced it's bound to mix with it, and just waiting to find an open pore to clog up :think:

depends on the moisturizer you get

Some ppl don't moisturize and their skin is ok, but others may need moisturizer/creams to help balance their skin

For me I don't like my skin to feel dry or tight, thats why I moisturize. I always look for reviews, and make sure I'm getting smth good for my skin.

moisturizer supports the skin's hydration

when your skin is dry, the skin reacts by producing more sebum oil to maintain the skin's hydration

the excess oil clogs the pore, and leas to acne...

so the way i see it, moisturizing is pretty important

if the oil dries out it gets sticky and hard. it clogs pores easier. if your dehydrated to begin with, the skin and pores will have problems. drink water, moisturize, and sleep with a humidifier.