Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teh_shredmaster

Applying BP on moisturizer

you mean putting moisturizer on first?

that would kind of be like a shield to the BP, and not as much would be able to dissolve into your skin.

I've applied BP on moisturizer with good results. It probably does affect BP absorption a bit, but your skin will not be as dry, flaky, and irritated. I personally can still manage to stay clear while applying BP on moisturizer, but you'll have to try it out to really know if you can as well. If you are breaking out with the BP first, moisturizer second routine, and your skin is dry and irritated, you may want to consider the possibility that you are breaking out because of the irritation. In this case, applying moisturizer first to curb the irritation may actually help your acne.

One other benefit of applying BP over moisturizer is that it reduces shine (assuming you're using Dan's BP gel). The only moisturizers I've found that work for me are the ones that cause major shine, so BP over moisturizer is usually a must for me if I'm going out.

Finally, I should note that when I apply moisturizer first, I apply it about a minute after washing; I do not wait for my skin to fully dry. I do this partly because I've heard that moisturizers work better when applied to wet skin, and partly because I don't feel like waiting 10-15 minutes. You should consider this variable when trying moisturizer first, and experiment to find what works best for you.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your results.

im not sure if thats such a good idea

your face dries out from BP, and if you put it after moisturizing, wats the point?

I did this at first to acclimate myself to the BP. It may minimize effectiveness but if you're getting a lot of irritation you still are building up a tolerance so you have to do what you need to do.

Having a well-hydrated face helps fight acne, it doesn't hurt it. A lot of flaky skin contributes to clogged pores so drying it out can be counter-productive.