Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rookie116

Purpose Cleanser is breaking me out. (DRYNESS)

So I've been having acne ever since I purchased Purpose a half a month ago (I've switched to Cetaphil for awhile but realized that wasn't doing any better either) so I have decided to simply wash my face with water, no cleansers. Purpose has made my face really dry... so I have just been wondering if dryness can cause more skin to be more oily and thus cause my breakouts?

Do you moisturize or exfoliate? Try exfoliating with a baby brush, washing, then moisturizing to stop the flakies. This should stop it :) Water alone will cause you more acne because water repels oil, and oil doesn't come off easy, so it will stay on your face. The hot water will open the pores, and probably give oil more of a reason to go inside your pores more since it's opened a bit more with the water. =(

i noticed when ihad a problem with flakes, if i had a really bad area like, two of three days in a row, a tiny whitehead would show up in that area.

Yes, dryness can cause you to breakout because your skin isn't balanced. like a year or two ago, bp dried my skin.. and i thought it was part of the process to leave it dry and the breakouts go away... I was wrong and broke out horribly >.<

It took a really long time till i got everything back to control