Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've read up on the effects of DHEA but everything is inconclusive since it's relatively new on the market. However current conjecture is that it may help stabilize mood, memory, increase energy, and help you focus (goodbye ADD). has anyone had any positive experiences with this?

I learned about DHEA a couple years ago and decided to try it. I was looking for an alternative to my depression meds when I came across it. Unfortunately I only took it a short while because I learned that it can possibly stimulate the growth of hormone dependent cancers. Breast cancer and ovarian cancer run on my mothers side of the family so I immediately stopped taking it after learning about this. Sorry I cant be of much help but I wanted to share that with you in case there is a history of cancer in your family.

Do some research on the Amino Acids for depression. They affect the production and function of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin. Also the B vitamins are detrimental in the function of the nervous system. I would recommend a really good B- Complex. A Magnesium and Calcium combo will do wonders to alleviate tension and help with relaxation. A month ago I had insomnia really bad and I started taking Magnesium/Calcium every nite when I get home from work and it has helped so much. Once I lay down I am able to go to sleep shortly later and I sleep through the nite. It has been a lifesaver.

I think you can find some better alternatives than DHEA. It's just not worth the risk. Lorrie

If you are looking for something to "stabilize mood, memory, increase energy, and help you focus" as you mentioned, omega 3 does the same thing, in case there any side effects with DHEA. I've never heard of it, so I can't be of much use, but I can at least contribute that much =)

Good luck!