Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hate the way people try to label and quantify everything, especially other people.

Like "This person is intelligent, their IQ is ***" or "This person is beautiful, their facial symmetry matches the golden ratio" etc. etc. I don't think a person can be defined by facts, because at the end of the day it's all subjective.

I was out last night, and some of my group of friends were frequently referring to this other girl (who wasn't there of course) as the 'stupid blond one', it was like her apparent stupidity was set in stone, she is stupid fact! Personally I think that while she can be naive, she's not stupid. I mean what kind of labels do they have for me!?

I dunno, i'm ranting and tired. This probably won't make sense in the morning but meh... Any thoughts?

I dont like when people label me by telling me I dont eat right and I dont take care of myself. Thats why I have acne. I do take care of myself. I always wash my face and take care of it. They are full of shit

We talked about this in my psychology class recently. People categorize other people because it makes things more simplistic. There is a little more to it, that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

We talked about this in my psychology class recently. People categorize other people because it makes things more simplistic. There is a little more to it, that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

true and because it's a survival instinct. yet i think some people are too quick to judge.

Yeah I think people label others because it makes them feel more comfortable; they have to make "sense" of everything & they usually go for the easy "explanation" for others.

You can't really judge people accurately on first impressions though, but most everyone does at one time or another.

This is a huge issue in my life; being shy, people almost always get the wrong impression of me. I'm lucky when they give me a chance & take the time to get past my shell, instead of writing me off as "snobby" or "boring" or whatever conclusion they draw.

my friend is against homosexuality, and he kind of laughs at them, i swear i feel like killing him whenever he acts like that >:(

Guest Kimmay

I hate labels. All of them. I tolerate them though, since people insist on labeling themselves (sometimes). But if you label someone else (in a negative way) I won't tolerate that.

Yea i don't like stereotypes, racist, or judgmental ppl. I try not to be these type of ppl, but I won't lie.. there are times I can be judgmental..

Certain kinds of labels have been very helpful for me, while others were really damaging. In the past, it was useful to be able to label some of my psychiatric conditions - after all - how do you recover from something you can't even name? Labels, in this case, gave me a solid jumping off place to work from.

But the societal labels - the racial ones, or ones related to dress and hair color - those are not helpful and in the end only serve to distance people from each other. I agree. Anymore, these days, the only labels I get are "nerd" (which doesn't bother me) and the occasional person not believing it when I say I'm not on drugs.

I try to not let it bother me. Some days are better than others, but I try.

And just because I'm a hardass when it comes to this, I must point out that human beings do not have 'instincts.'

I hate the way people try to label and quantify everything, especially other people.

Like "This person is intelligent, their IQ is ***" or "This person is beautiful, their facial symmetry matches the golden ratio" etc. etc. I don't think a person can be defined by facts, because at the end of the day it's all subjective.

I was out last night, and some of my group of friends were frequently referring to this other girl (who wasn't there of course) as the 'stupid blond one', it was like her apparent stupidity was set in stone, she is stupid fact! Personally I think that while she can be naive, she's not stupid. I mean what kind of labels do they have for me!?

I dunno, i'm ranting and tired. This probably won't make sense in the morning but meh... Any thoughts?

this is how stereotypes work and ignorance thrives. i'm asian, living in a rich, consumer driven, Caucasian dominate town. just imagine how that is.

I dont like when people label me by telling me I dont eat right and I dont take care of myself. Thats why I have acne. I do take care of myself. I always wash my face and take care of it. They are full of shit

When I was at school, people just labelled me as being quiet/shy. That made it really hard for me to break past that label, because I am quiet/shy but only when I'm not comfortable with people, so I ended up being like that for 3 years or so.

Now I don't care if people think I'm like that, I can be myself whether I seem gobby or quiet, I'm not going to be restricted to what people think I am.

i hate that aswell,people kept saying that to me a couple of years back it was right annoying, it kind of got me upset cause i was trying my hardest to get rid of my acne..but they were acting like it was all my fault that i had it..

also i hate being labled for the way i dress, i like to dress how i want, i dont like it when people call me an emo,goth,grunger or whatever it really gets on my nerves.

ah folks everyone and I repeat everyone labels people. Its an intricate part of socirty and its how we identify each other. humans cateogorise. Its what we do. We all have labels that you dont object to. Who ojects to being a man/woman, American/Australian, college student/housewfe/ employee

Course mean labels arent nice but theyre still gonna happen. We like to label, we always have, we always will.

I don't like labels like that at all. Very rarely do I use them, If I catch myself labeling somebody like that I make myself stop, think about it, and realize that I don't even know the person.

I've been labeled many times. I think it's kind of funny, some of the people I even become friends with later on, and they tell me how they had me labeld as such and such and I find it funny how they admit to how wrong they were about it. The more people label you, the more fun it is to prove them wrong I think. One thing about people using labels is that once you notice somebody using them, and labeling others it tells you a lot about that person to begin with that they resort to using labels.

I don't like labels like that at all. Very rarely do I use them, If I catch myself labeling somebody like that I make myself stop, think about it, and realize that I don't even know the person.

I've been labeled many times. I think it's kind of funny, some of the people I even become friends with later on, and they tell me how they had me labeld as such and such and I find it funny how they admit to how wrong they were about it. The more people label you, the more fun it is to prove them wrong I think. One thing about people using labels is that once you notice somebody using them, and labeling others it tells you a lot about that person to begin with that they resort to using labels.

I say it again everyone labels. humans categorise - do you consider yourself any nationality by any chance? yes? oooh label!

Its how we can know people, we fit them into groups, sure everyones unique but we have to classify them some how or then we wouldnt have nations, we wouldnt anything. If doctors didnt have a label how would we know them as helping the sick. If the police didnt have labels off the labels who would enforce the law.

Me -

Female

Irish

Dubliner

University Student

Rock climber

Blonde

White

the list goes on and on folks... labels arent always bad, it depends on how theyre interpreted

I've been labeled my whole life. That is why I switch up the style to lessen the labeling. Previous labels:

-Skinny

-Nerd

-Stupid

-Smart

-Gym Rat

-Biker

-Gangster

-Asian

-White

-Rapper

-Engineer

Future labels planned: