Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottedhusky

scarring and suplpements

anything i can do to prevent scarring while on accutane? i had scars that i hated before i started accutane, but i can tell by the end of it all im going to be a scarred mess and i wanna see if theres anything i can do to prevent it.

Hey spottedhusky

Its very hard to tell which one is going to be scar and which one not... i say just dont touch the active ones as often, even better dont touch it at all. i know its easy to say and hard to do but thats the best thing to prevent future scarring.

Maybe Zinc might help... it said on the bottle something about helping the skin heal. i just started Zinc a few days ago so i cant tell if it does help or not. worth a try!

Yeh...basically dont pick/squeeze/pop but if an "accident" happens make sure you disinfect any cut or scrape with hydrogen peroxide

You can also try taking Zinc, Vitzmin C, Vitmain E

Yeh...basically dont pick/squeeze/pop but if an "accident" happens make sure you disinfect any cut or scrape with hydrogen peroxide

You can also try taking Zinc, Vitzmin C, Vitmain E

That's a good combo. I should've done that. I only took vit. C bc I read it heals skin wounds quickly, I didn't know the other ones did that too.