Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeffery

extremely down...

Hi, I'm in my 3rd month on accutane and progress has been made, but it's been very slow. For the 1st 2 months I was at 80mg a day, and on the 3rd month I'm at 120mg a day and I weigh about 170lbs. I was goin decent for a while, then a couple days ago I get this big cyst on my cheek and I didn't usually get them there and it's awful. I'm really hoping that this one will heal and I'll continue to improve. I guess I'm just dissapointed because I haven't been totally clear yet and I'm still getting new problems. I don't think it's the accutane making me depressed, it's just the fact that I want so badly for accutane to fully work and up till now, it isn't, and I'm on a high dosage now too. I just needed to vent I guess, is this normal for it to take this long?

Ah man i totally feal ya.... itz horrible im in the smae positions as you

someone plz give me a gun!... ACCUTANE DOES NOT CAUSE DEPRESSION!!!

ACCUTANE CAUSES PIMPLES, THE PIMPLES CAUSE DEPRESSION :surprised:

It'll be ok buddy. I'm finishing up my on my 3rd month, same dosage as you, and I still have some spots here and there that have been popping up. Just let the medicine run it's course.

You have a cumulative dose of about 109mg/kg right, now 80mg*30days*2+120mg*30=8400mg / (170/2.2) = 109mg/kg.

The range is 120mg-150mg/kg, for severe acne, I was cleared on 60mg/kg (mild acne),

you should be seeing results within weeks if not days. Your system is probably in a lag, I mean as probabilities go you have about 80% chance already of never seeing another zit.

So cheers.