Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mike42

How Far Do You Go

How far are you supposed to go when popping a zit . Theres a few different stages of liquids that come out .

1)pus , white substance that could be mistaken for hand moizturizer lotion (lol)

2)blood , seems to be a bit darker color than blood might normally be

3) and eventually this yellowish liquid , mixed with some blood may come out

4)if you push hard enough a clumb of hard white puss may come out , more of a solid than liquid though.

How far are you supposed to push , and what exactly are numbers 3 and 4? im curius.

If you pop a zit, I suggest to pop it lightly.. don't pop it too hard because it'll cause scarring.

well those hard white stuff (4) is the stuff from the pore...

im not so sure if you should go far as no.4

In the long run, leaving that massive ugly white head alone saves you red marks and scars. Bite your lip and don't pop it.

it all depends for different people. i dont think ive never NOT popped a whitehead and i dont have any scars from them at all, after six years of acne.

when i pop, i usually go until a little blood comes out, then i let it go right away because that means you got all the puss out.

i never pop them, if u do the bacteria just spreads, and forms a new one in the same place, or maybe even a cluster of them in the area. Just wait for them to dry out and pop naturally, i had tonnes on my face two days ago, didnt touch them at all, just washed, and now 80 percent are gone, with no red marks.

yea I never ever try to pop them, when I'm shaving I go extra careful, but somehow or anything I cut them :doubt:

i must be the luckiest kid on earth, but i pop everything, and rarely get scars, and when i do ACV/bp fades them quickly.

This is gross that I know this...but the PA I used to see in my dermatology's cosmetic center told me this while extracting some lip zits (ouch).

Apparently to completely kill a zit, you have to get the sebum plug out (the thing that looks like a tiny white or yellow 'seed'). This is the actual clog in the pore, so if you don't get this bad boy out, the zit will remain/reinflame.

I would always squeeze this really deep zit on my chin which I thought was a clogged pore at first...I would get all the goob out, but never the plug. Therefore, this thing kept coming back for a few months. Once I was able to get the plug out with a pair of tweezers, it finally died. This thing was huge! So gross yet so satisfying :)

I don't squeeze my zits anymore (unless they are really big), I just use tweezers to dig the plug out. I get some redmarks, but they seem to be fading!

The previous poster is right: If you don't expel the pore blockage, you're just going to have a perpetual zit. Usually I don't bleed until that thing is removed, so I don't stop squeezing until I see blood.

I believe any scars I get aren't from squeezing too hard, but rather from the depth of the pimple to begin with. Red marks go away pretty quickly if you use Neo- or Polysporin twice a day.

In the long run, leaving that massive ugly white head alone saves you red marks and scars. Bite your lip and don't pop it.

4real?

last time I try tat it tool longer to go away tho.... are u sure about tat I'm scare to try