Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iieee

Success story, after a rocky start

I realize that most people who start the regimen and have success never return, so I thought I'd pop in to recount my success....

I had Mild, sometimes Moderate acne which seemed to only get worse after high school, after college still didn't go away, I'm thinking: I'm not a teenager anymore, why do I have to deal with this? I tried all kinds of products, both supplements and topical... plus I was already on Ortho-tri-cyclen and that did nothing. (Actually on that note let me warn that Ortho-tri-cyclen Lo, the low-dose version, made me totally break out extremely bad when i switched to it and as soon as I switched back to regular Ortho-tri-cyclen I went back to normal)

Anyway I found this web site searching for a magical cure on the net and by gosh I found it!

At first I wasn't so sure as I had a horrible, insanely uncomfortable and painful reaction to the BP and I thought maybe I was allergic. Eventually I found that for me, mixing a little BP and moisturizer together, and gradually increasing the ratio of BP was the best way to acclimate my skin to it. Also i could only put it on my T-zone at first, my cheeks were especially sensitive. After a couple weeks I could start putting the BP directly on my skin, and then I gradually increased the amount I put on, and tried to follow the regime to a T.

I started having great results almost immediately after the irritation died down but it wasn't until I started really slathering on the BP that I had the best results. Now I only get a pimple once every couple of weeks. I still deal with black heads but they're tiny and basically unnoticeable to anyone but myself.

I do the recommended regime, day and night, with Dan's BP and Cetaphil moisturizer. I added to that using St. Ives apricot scrub every couple days, without that the blackheads proliferate and it really doesn't seem to irritate my skin at all.

I also had really dry skin around my eyes until I started using cream especially for the eye area in the morning before applying the BP, and being careful not to spread BP to close to eye area.

If I do get a pimple I apply Dr. Burts blemish stick just to the pimple, it really makes them dry up and go away fast.

Negatives to this regime:

Uses lots of product that can only be acquired on-line

bleaches clothes if you're not insanely vigilant

somewhat time consuming

can not miss an application and therefore annoying, no crashing at someone's house unexpectedly

Positives to this regime:

Not incredibly expensive

It f-ing works!!! Nothing else has even come close.

So yeah, if you have mild to moderate acne, I can vouch that this product has a great chance of working for you so stick with it and try to adhere to the program as much as possible.

Good Luck all,

Andrea

really slathering on the BP
How much BP did you end up using? 1 finger or more? Thanks!

You, know, I don't really know how many fingers it is because I don't squeeze it out like that all at once, but I guess I could estimate that it's about 1 finger, maybe 1.5.

I realize that most people who start the regimen and have success never return, so I thought I'd pop in to recount my success....

I had Mild, sometimes Moderate acne which seemed to only get worse after high school, after college still didn't go away, I'm thinking: I'm not a teenager anymore, why do I have to deal with this? I tried all kinds of products, both supplements and topical... plus I was already on Ortho-tri-cyclen and that did nothing. (Actually on that note let me warn that Ortho-tri-cyclen Lo, the low-dose version, made me totally break out extremely bad when i switched to it and as soon as I switched back to regular Ortho-tri-cyclen I went back to normal)

Anyway I found this web site searching for a magical cure on the net and by gosh I found it!

At first I wasn't so sure as I had a horrible, insanely uncomfortable and painful reaction to the BP and I thought maybe I was allergic. Eventually I found that for me, mixing a little BP and moisturizer together, and gradually increasing the ratio of BP was the best way to acclimate my skin to it. Also i could only put it on my T-zone at first, my cheeks were especially sensitive. After a couple weeks I could start putting the BP directly on my skin, and then I gradually increased the amount I put on, and tried to follow the regime to a T.

I started having great results almost immediately after the irritation died down but it wasn't until I started really slathering on the BP that I had the best results. Now I only get a pimple once every couple of weeks. I still deal with black heads but they're tiny and basically unnoticeable to anyone but myself.

I do the recommended regime, day and night, with Dan's BP and Cetaphil moisturizer. I added to that using St. Ives apricot scrub every couple days, without that the blackheads proliferate and it really doesn't seem to irritate my skin at all.

I also had really dry skin around my eyes until I started using cream especially for the eye area in the morning before applying the BP, and being careful not to spread BP to close to eye area.

If I do get a pimple I apply Dr. Burts blemish stick just to the pimple, it really makes them dry up and go away fast.

Negatives to this regime:

Uses lots of product that can only be acquired on-line

bleaches clothes if you're not insanely vigilant

somewhat time consuming

can not miss an application and therefore annoying, no crashing at someone's house unexpectedly

Positives to this regime:

Not incredibly expensive

It f-ing works!!! Nothing else has even come close.

So yeah, if you have mild to moderate acne, I can vouch that this product has a great chance of working for you so stick with it and try to adhere to the program as much as possible.

Good Luck all,

Andrea

Where can I buy dr. Burts blemish stick