Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aislingbambi

The last time you went out with no makeup

I am so glad I found this site. I can't believe how many people have the same feelings as I do. It's been so long since i went without makeup in public! I know it would be easier to let my skin breathe but i can't seem to get over the fact that i look way worse without it. I don't wear makeup around the house but I still feel horrible when someone stops by and I don't have it on. I have long hair so I tend to pull it forward to try to hide the sides of my face if i don't have makeup on. It's just a horrible feeling when you think about what other people might be thinking when they look at you. I've been told by my husband that it's not as bad as I think it is but that doesn't make me feel any better. i wish i could go out in public without all this crap on my face.

I sometimes will actually cancel appointments if my breakouts are super bad. I just keep getting worse.

Any advice on what kind of makeup is best for acne prone skin?

I've been told by my husband that it's not as bad as I think it is but that doesn't make me feel any better. i wish i could go out in public without all this crap on my face.

I never wear makeup anymore! :)

i'm not cured and i'm most definately not clear....but I've found it to be a waste of time to apply it all on, and then have it slide off 3 hours later. I used to put it on, last summer and the beginning of last fall, but life got too hectic, and nothing covers my face, so rather than have it all caked on and brushing off on others (I've got REALLY REALLY DRY skin...lol) I've just opted to not have anything.

trust me, I had a convo with a guy I liked about this. They don't care what your face looks like. and this guy has seen me at one of my worsts in college now. I had cysts everywhere on my chin, gave me a double chin essentially....not to mention the cut i had my derm do at the time to relieve the pressure. ... and still...despite all that... they don't care ... they get it, but its doens't bother them to the extent it bothers us.

I've come to find that, for me at least, once you stop caring about what others think, then you won't care so much. I've accepted the fact that my problem will prolly never go away. Going bare naked (my face that is) has actually helped me much more than it has hurt me over the past few years. Granted I'm embarrassed when people ask me about it, but that in turn is actually what got me to the derm I'm at now, and in the few short 6(?) months I've been with her, my face has improved more than two other derms could achieve with a year each.

I know everyone cares about their appearance to others, but haven't there been times when you've just been soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired and unbelievably late that you just haven't had the time to put it all on? .... or am I the only one :-p :)

I am so glad I found this site. I can't believe how many people have the same feelings as I do. It's been so long since i went without makeup in public! I know it would be easier to let my skin breathe but i can't seem to get over the fact that i look way worse without it. I don't wear makeup around the house but I still feel horrible when someone stops by and I don't have it on. I have long hair so I tend to pull it forward to try to hide the sides of my face if i don't have makeup on. It's just a horrible feeling when you think about what other people might be thinking when they look at you. I've been told by my husband that it's not as bad as I think it is but that doesn't make me feel any better. i wish i could go out in public without all this crap on my face.

I sometimes will actually cancel appointments if my breakouts are super bad. I just keep getting worse.

I've been told by my husband that it's not as bad as I think it is but that doesn't make me feel any better. i wish i could go out in public without all this crap on my face.

Yeah sometimes we think it's worse than it is, I know I've seen lots of people complain about something when I don't see anything wrong :think:

I hate unexpected visitors too :mad: !

I think its basically trial and error for each person when it comes to makeup for acne prone skin.

Personally, I use Rimmel Anti-Fatigue during the day and Laura Mercier Oil Free at night. Neither of these have ever broken me out but I do think my skin would be better if I didnt wear them every day but right now thats just not an option

maybe this is slightly off topic, but on the rare occasion i go to work without make-up, i feel like i'm not putting my best self forward. i feel like i'm letting my boss and clients down, that i don't care enough about representation, and in a way, like i'm disrespecting them..... maybe i'm getting a bit too psychological for my own good.

maybe this is slightly off topic, but on the rare occasion i go to work without make-up, i feel like i'm not putting my best self forward. i feel like i'm letting my boss and clients down, that i don't care enough about representation, and in a way, like i'm disrespecting them..... maybe i'm getting a bit too psychological for my own good.

I think its basically trial and error for each person when it comes to makeup for acne prone skin.

Personally, I use Rimmel Anti-Fatigue during the day and Laura Mercier Oil Free at night. Neither of these have ever broken me out but I do think my skin would be better if I didnt wear them every day but right now thats just not an option

I mainly put on makeup to cover my blemishes and uneven skin tone. But I do understand what you mean. Kind of like going out with pj pants instead of nice clothes. It's like you don't care. Of course not caring what other people think would be nice sometimes.

do they cover the blemishes with out looking too cakey? I sometimes think that maybe people think i'm a pancake face because of the makeup.

I mainly put on makeup to cover my blemishes and uneven skin tone. But I do understand what you mean. Kind of like going out with pj pants instead of nice clothes. It's like you don't care. Of course not caring what other people think would be nice sometimes.

that's exactly how i feel. like it would be like i don't care. oh well, i know i'm working on making my skin better, so one of these days i'll look pretty much the same with or without. right now i feel so ugly without, and at least i feel decent with.

Man, the last time I went out in public with no makeup and felt good about it was...a long time ago, years I'm thinking. I just get so self conscious of the marks and spots on my face. When I go running out side, I usually don't wear any b/c I figure no one would be getting a good look at me anyway. I try not to wear it at the gym, but there are plenty of days where I feel a embarrassed just handing my pass to the person at the counter even though I know no one cares what my face looks like but me.

My hat's off to those of you brave enough to not wear foundation when you go shopping/running errands! That is something I would like to be able to work up to.

Guest vegmom02

I can't say that I felt great about it, but I went out today to do errands without makeup. I saw the same people I always see when I go to those stores, but I wasn't too concerned because they are more into my 4-year-old son than me! My skin was looking great until I put some makeup on for church this past Sunday. My period started on Monday and now I have 1 painful cystic acne flairing up on my chin and a few small ones on my jawline and throat. I figured it would be better for my skin to keep it clean rather than gunk it up with makeup.

I never wear makeup anymore! :)

i'm not cured and i'm most definately not clear....but I've found it to be a waste of time to apply it all on, and then have it slide off 3 hours later. I used to put it on, last summer and the beginning of last fall, but life got too hectic, and nothing covers my face, so rather than have it all caked on and brushing off on others (I've got REALLY REALLY DRY skin...lol) I've just opted to not have anything.

trust me, I had a convo with a guy I liked about this. They don't care what your face looks like. and this guy has seen me at one of my worsts in college now. I had cysts everywhere on my chin, gave me a double chin essentially....not to mention the cut i had my derm do at the time to relieve the pressure. ... and still...despite all that... they don't care ... they get it, but its doens't bother them to the extent it bothers us.

I've come to find that, for me at least, once you stop caring about what others think, then you won't care so much. I've accepted the fact that my problem will prolly never go away. Going bare naked (my face that is) has actually helped me much more than it has hurt me over the past few years. Granted I'm embarrassed when people ask me about it, but that in turn is actually what got me to the derm I'm at now, and in the few short 6(?) months I've been with her, my face has improved more than two other derms could achieve with a year each.

I know everyone cares about their appearance to others, but haven't there been times when you've just been soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired and unbelievably late that you just haven't had the time to put it all on? .... or am I the only one :-p :)

good for you!! I love your attitude! This is exactly what im working towards but its gonna take a while.

As for being sooooo tired...! - makeup is always my priority (sad as that may sound) and plenty of times ive been late for things that I probably could have made it to because of the time I spent putting on my mask. Makeup comes ahead of having breakfast, packing my bag properly, making a lunch, charging my phone... the list is endless!

I typically don't wear makeup, so I feel ok just about every day going bare faced. And to be honest, my skin really reflects it. When I wear makeup regularly, or just over several days, I always have some type of skin problems (dryness, rashes, itches, ACNE!). But since I gave up wearing makeup last year, my skin has cleared up and all is good.

Besides, if I really want to look a little more dolled up, I just put on a bright red lipstick. Nothing makes an impact like a nice red lipstick.

Ive definitely got make-up reliance! Its a bit depressing sometimes. To be afraid to go out without something covering my face. But I cant help it.

Ive left the house only a very few times without make-up. I much prefer to wear it.

I've gotten to the point where I'm 'meh' about going makeupless (is that a real word? xD) if I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, since wearing makeup when I'm wearing one of hubby's ratty shirts feels like like a juxtoposition that just doesn't work.

I refuse to go to work or out on a date bare-faced, though.

I still don't feel pretty either way, but it is nice to look in the mirror every once in a while and actually see me, not a layer of cosmetic or acne.

The only makeup i wear is powder. If i didnt have so much effing oil, i wouldn't wear any makeup. My face is so much better than it was just a few months ago and i would be fine with just leaving the house without makeup..but i just have too much oil. Oh yeah, and i tried putting on foundation a few weeks ago when i was in a musical..showed every single tiny bump i have. But it was liquid..that is probably why.

well, its taken me basically about 3 or 4 years to accept it....but I've learned to trick myself. If I put on something with a little cover, like, umm.. I've got from Cover Girl, the loose powder, and I put a little but on...because I forget that I've got it on, I end up rubbing it off, but it used to give me the confidence in the morning, and that usually lasted because I never looked in the mirror til late at night.

Then i just did it all over again...lol

wow, it came before all of that??? I never grew up with it being a priority, I was rather a tomboy when I was little, which is why its so surprising that I got really really bad acne later, but since I STILL can't apply it properly, and I'm 20...lol.. I've given up :-p

(oh yea, I'm also convinced that wearing makeup is what caused all of this, mainly because its true... I never washed it off at night...lol..i know i know.. you're supposed to, but I didn't know that at the time... not til I started wearing liquid foundation at least....)

give it some time...wean yourself off...it'll work eventually....