Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aislingbambi

The last time you went out with no makeup

Hi!

I'm in a great mood tonight! I finally worked up the courage to leave the house w/o makep and felt ok - in fact I felt really free by the time I came back. Granted I just went down to the park with my dogs and didn't meet people I knew but still this is coming from a girl who never (EVER) leaves her room w/o foundation. The last time I remember being out in public with no makeup was when I was in hospital in January and even though I felt like s*** at the time I still felt naked w/o it.

No foundation and no concealer!! :dance:

I'm going to try wean myself off this dependence on makeup

PS don't get me wrong - I love makeup and would still wear it every day as a confidence boost in the morning but I would love if it wasn't the end of the world if I was caught w/o it

since i started using foundation, i've never been out without it on. I cant even walk down the street to post a letter without spending about 20 minutes on my face.

since i started using foundation, i've never been out without it on. I cant even walk down the street to post a letter without spending about 20 minutes on my face.

I will NEVER go out w/o makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But i did ONE time leave the house w/o makeup to get bread from the milkbar--which was a 10 second walk, there and back :lol: BUT I WILL NEVER AGAIN!

I will NEVER go out w/o makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But i did ONE time leave the house w/o makeup to get bread from the milkbar--which was a 10 second walk, there and back :lol: BUT I WILL NEVER AGAIN!

only when i won't be interacting with pple. lol. like going to pick up my mom or smth. i feel so naked w/out it. at the bus station, i sit inside the car and can't bring myself to make eye contact with pple walking around outside. :S i think having a crappy hair do is a major reason too, oily and messed up ponytail isn't pretty. i think i might be brave enough to go w/out makeup but with nice and shiny hair.

I'm impressed, seriously, there was no way I would have gone into a shop today, thats def something I'm going to have to work my way up to. There was a few moments that I wanted to turn back today but I think the fact that I had the dogs with me (and they would have been so pissed if I had turned around) so I had to keep going and I felt better by the end. The first few minutes definitely the hardest.

This is a serious phobia for a lot of us here - wonder what we could call it?!

No makeup at all? Probably when I was 11. :lol:

If you are only referring to foundation, most days I just wear powder instead of foundation. Although my skin is far from perfect even though the acne is under control, I've just come to accept that I have flaws.

i went to the dermatologist last month with no make up, cause i figured she was just gonna mess with it anyway and i'd leave with red patches on my face where she wiped it off, so i might as well go without. i applied in the parking lot before i left though :shhh:

Last time I went out without makeup...

Is this morning, an hour ago, when I went for my breakfast at an eatery several blocks away.

I'm no slave to makeup. Not that I hate makeup actually, but I've never found anything that works great for my very oily skin. So, I just use it for it most basic function - to cover my zits and discolouration.

And because I dislike wearing makeup and I'm lazy to boot, I try my best to go everywhere without it - zits and discolouration and all, lol. The only times I will put on makeup is if I'm going to work, social events, or to the mall, basically very public areas.

I don't really think about it. I wear it for some periods of time. Like I'd start wearing it all the time for a few weeks, then I'd just stop for some reason. Like today. I just decided not to put on makeup at all, especially since I thought it might be breaking me out. And I don't really look different with it on anyway.

Hmm...it's been a long time. I was a nanny last summer so I didn't wear it a lot then, but I always felt really awkward when I talked to the baby's parents without it on. Nowadays I usually just put enough on to cover the redness and blend (so it's not like I'm wearing a ton).

that's fantastic. latley i have been running errands with no makeup on and it's freaking liberating! i still put concealer under my eyes because i never sleep so i have circles but no powder or anything else at all. i'll go to the grocery store etc..and i feel fine without makeup.

i went to the dermatologist last month with no make up, cause i figured she was just gonna mess with it anyway and i'd leave with red patches on my face where she wiped it off, so i might as well go without. i applied in the parking lot before i left though :shhh:

Hmmmm last time I went out without skin (foundation/concealer/powder) makeup would have to be when I was around 11-12?? And now I am 18...and I would never dream of leaving the house without my makeup ,depressing isn't it?

EDIT: Actually around 2-3 months ago I left the house at 2am without makeup to walk my dog...but my skin was better then than now :(

I went to school w/ absolutely nothing today. Nothing bothered me because my face is overall clear right now, but some random pimples are still lurking.

My dream is to go somewhere with 0 makeup on and feel good. The only time I go out with no makeup is when I gotta see the doctor about my face. Eeek.

i really wanna work my way towards this! the last time where it wasnt dark out or where i didnt meet people was over a year ago and only cos i had been seeing mr sunshine! Honestly sometimes i think make up just makes things look worse than they are and yet still ive been wearing it so long its kinda like second nature to wear it like cleaning your face or moisturising, especially during acne phases. i dont wear it if im just in the house anymore though i like to let it breathe!

ill never leave the house without mascara though i have invisible blonde eyelashes without it! ack.

I'm sure this is not going to be a popular reply.

Everyday!

Yeppers! I leave the house every day without makeup on. I work in a factory, and if I wore foundation and the works there'd be some serious complications.

a) It'd totally slide off my face

b) With the heat, grease and oil that I work around... my skin would break out even worse if my pores were covered with makeup.

the occasional time I wear mascara to work, but even then it has to be waterproof or I'll look like a raccoon with my naturally oily skin and greasy environment.

I feel okay about it too! I get hit on alot at work, and it makes me feel soooo good that people are attracted to me for ME, and not the face that i put on everyday. Consequently, I don't even do my hair when I'm working either. I save the makeup and hairdos for the weekends.

Although, I cannot say that I'd be the same way if I worked in an office environment. To me, you need to make an effort in that job category. Being in a factory is very different!

About a month ago when I had my dermatologist appointment, I left it off so he could see my skin better. I have fair skin so red marks left over from previous acne really shows, so I wear foundation and powder to even the skin tones, would be nice if I could go without, or at least a touch of powder being enough.

I never wear makeup anymore! :)

i'm not cured and i'm most definately not clear....but I've found it to be a waste of time to apply it all on, and then have it slide off 3 hours later. I used to put it on, last summer and the beginning of last fall, but life got too hectic, and nothing covers my face, so rather than have it all caked on and brushing off on others (I've got REALLY REALLY DRY skin...lol) I've just opted to not have anything.

trust me, I had a convo with a guy I liked about this. They don't care what your face looks like. and this guy has seen me at one of my worsts in college now. I had cysts everywhere on my chin, gave me a double chin essentially....not to mention the cut i had my derm do at the time to relieve the pressure. ... and still...despite all that... they don't care ... they get it, but its doens't bother them to the extent it bothers us.

I've come to find that, for me at least, once you stop caring about what others think, then you won't care so much. I've accepted the fact that my problem will prolly never go away. Going bare naked (my face that is) has actually helped me much more than it has hurt me over the past few years. Granted I'm embarrassed when people ask me about it, but that in turn is actually what got me to the derm I'm at now, and in the few short 6(?) months I've been with her, my face has improved more than two other derms could achieve with a year each.

I know everyone cares about their appearance to others, but haven't there been times when you've just been soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired and unbelievably late that you just haven't had the time to put it all on? .... or am I the only one :-p :)