Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gamble

Question about Oil Control Lotions

Hello,

I have a question about oil control lotions. I have moderate acne(cheeks, chin line, forehead) and nothing seems to work at the moment. I am follow the regimen recommendations but was interested in an oil control lotion but wanted to get some ideas from people who've used them before. Can I use the lotion as my moisturizer after I apply BP and be alrite? I'm trying to use the less products as possible approach and also the less bacteria/oil on my face in order to clear me of acne. Interested in your thoughts about these oil control lotions used as a moisturizer. If this works out then all I would need is some nighttime repair cream to smooth everything out, but acne first. Thanks

Moisturiser is the biggest scam on the market IMO.Do you seriously think your skin needs help maintaning its own moisture levels?.If you have dry or oily skin its more likely a result of using harsh products and causing your skin more harm than good.Keep your regime to a simple Salicyic Acid Facewash with no SLS.Wash once a night and thats it.The effects wont be immediate but your skin will be in far better condition ten years down the line. :ninja:

Moisturiser is the biggest scam on the market IMO.Do you seriously think your skin needs help maintaning its own moisture levels?.If you have dry or oily skin its more likely a result of using harsh products and causing your skin more harm than good.Keep your regime to a simple Salicyic Acid Facewash with no SLS.Wash once a night and thats it.The effects wont be immediate but your skin will be in far better condition ten years down the line. :ninja:

Well thats the reason why I use moisturizer, because of all the products I've used on my skin its caused it too either get too dry at one point, or oily at another. (Well i use a cream atm, but if i didn't have my cream i'd use a moisturizer >.<)

Why not just use a simple cleanser instead of using one with Salicylic acid in it?

And he shouldn't mix Salicylic acid imo since hes already using bp even though some peeps on here say its ok.

Btw Jaffa there are some people out there with overly dry skin that isn't caused by harsh products, and creams and moisturizers are necessary to help it.

Well thats the reason why I use moisturizer, because of all the products I've used on my skin its caused it too either get too dry at one point, or oily at another. (Well i use a cream atm, but if i didn't have my cream i'd use a moisturizer >.<)

Why not just use a simple cleanser instead of using one with Salicylic acid in it?

And he shouldn't mix Salicylic acid imo since hes already using bp even though some peeps on here say its ok.

Btw Jaffa there are some people out there with overly dry skin that isn't caused by harsh products, and creams and moisturizers are necessary to help it.

Yah i know mixing SA and Bp is a bad idea,should have made myself clearer.But who are these people that have dry skin that is not created by using harsh products etc? The most likely answer is the 0.1% of people who's acne is triggered by genetic factors not enviormental.Salicyic Acid is needed to unclog pores.Water alone or face washes that only wash the surface area of the skin wont do this.Thats why a simple SA facewash with no harsh detergents is the best option to tackle acne. :ninja:

Yah i know mixing SA and Bp is a bad idea,should have made myself clearer.But who are these people that have dry skin that is not created by using harsh products etc? The most likely answer is the 0.1% of people who's acne is triggered by genetic factors not enviormental.Salicyic Acid is needed to unclog pores.Water alone or face washes that only wash the surface area of the skin wont do this.Thats why a simple SA facewash with no harsh detergents is the best option to tackle acne. :ninja:

My little sister's best friend is only 11 and she doesn't use any facewash.. her skin gets overly dry though. Her doctor prescribes her some creams.

My little brother also had overly dry skin when he was younger, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't use any face wash.

My little sister's best friend is only 11 and she doesn't use any facewash.. her skin gets overly dry though. Her doctor prescribes her some creams.

My little brother also had overly dry skin when he was younger, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't use any face wash.

Skin Dryness can be percieved as that.But the most likely cause is a build up of dead skin cells.Try not washing your face for a while.Your skin will start to dry up and flake *almost as if you were on BP* Thats why many doctors prescribe creams that are usually used to treat Eczema etc. :ninja:

Skin Dryness can be percieved as that.But the most likely cause is a build up of dead skin cells.Try not washing your face for a while.Your skin will start to dry up and flake *almost as if you were on BP* Thats why many doctors prescribe creams that are usually used to treat Eczema etc. :ninja:

her skins all dry to her neck.. does eczema overdry your neck also?

Eczema affects your whole body.If she does indeed have dry skin due to genetic factors.It is still a rare case.99% of people who have dry or oily skin have it because of Enviormental factors NOT genetic thats why IMO moisturisers are a waste of money. :ninja:

Hello,

I have a question about oil control lotions. I have moderate acne(cheeks, chin line, forehead) and nothing seems to work at the moment. I am follow the regimen recommendations but was interested in an oil control lotion but wanted to get some ideas from people who've used them before. Can I use the lotion as my moisturizer after I apply BP and be alrite? I'm trying to use the less products as possible approach and also the less bacteria/oil on my face in order to clear me of acne. Interested in your thoughts about these oil control lotions used as a moisturizer. If this works out then all I would need is some nighttime repair cream to smooth everything out, but acne first. Thanks

I have rather oily skin and i am currently using Mary Kay oil control lotion at the moment. Found it rather effective. I don't use any moisturiser though cause i have not found one i like. I only apply ordinary toner at night and retin-a cream about 1 hr after i washed my face.

Eczema affects your whole body.If she does indeed have dry skin due to genetic factors.It is still a rare case.99% of people who have dry or oily skin have it because of Enviormental factors NOT genetic thats why IMO moisturisers are a waste of money. :ninja:

i don't think so. I need it. I rather not go around with dry and tight skin.

Thank you for your replies but help me plz. I have normal to oily skin NOT dry skin. So is an oil control lotion and moisturizer different or are they basically the same?

Thank you for your replies but help me plz. I have normal to oily skin NOT dry skin. So is an oil control lotion and moisturizer different or are they basically the same?

Also can someone recommend a lightweight sunscreen to apply after the oil control lotion. Thanks

An oil control lotion or moisturizer is formulated to help your skin stay matte (not shiny). A regular moisturizer won't claim to do that. For a good sunscreen, Neutrogena's Dry Touch Sunblock gets lots of votes. Another good one is Paula's Choice Essential Non-greasy Sunscreen. It's lightweight with just a touch of moisture and great for oily skin.

Salicyic Acid is needed to unclog pores.Water alone or face washes that only wash the surface area of the skin wont do this.Thats why a simple SA facewash with no harsh detergents is the best option to tackle acne. :ninja:

Which SA facewashes would you recommend?

I currently have Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

is that any good?