Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mikey06

New to DKR

I found this site a few weeks ago and figured I'd give DKR a shot since BP is the only thing that does anything for my acne. I have used a knock off brand (Vita-C2 Clear...it has 3.7 bp) of pro active for a long time now and It worked great at first but only seemed to help a little after that. The only problem with it is it makes me face look/feel weird and it doesn't seem like the BP portion doesn't absorb into my skin that well. Well the other week I completely stoped using the Vita-C2 and got some Clearasil Daily Fash Wash Sensitive to use morning/night or when ever I take a shower(which is twice a day since I work in a warehouse so I get one in the morning and after I get off work at 3:30). The next 2-3 days my skin looked a million times better with only a few break outs but then all of a sudden my whole forehead was covered with bumps and I started to get acne on areas of my face that I rarely did before when I used to Vita-C2 stuff. Well now I use the Clearasil to wash my face and only the bp portion of the Vita-C2 here and there which still doesnt do much since Ive only been putting it on a few areas of my face. Well my DKR should be here in a few days and I have a few questions before I start. Should I keep using the Clearasil face wash and only use the BP from DKR or does the DKR face wash work better? I know this questions on the site all over but what are some good moisturizers? I have this Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion that is non-greasy and contains vitamins A,C & E. It says gentle enough to use on your face...would this work as a moisturizer? I have oily/shinny skin(well even if its dry its still shiny) and this the only lotion that doesn't make my skin as shiney as other lotions. Can I throw some tree tea oil in the mix every now and then? I have some that I used as a spot treatment or sometimes I used it on my whole face...not really sure if it has helped but I think if I mixed it with some moisturizer and used it everyday it might help. Also, a big reason I have acne now is because of working in a warehouse. Ive had acne for years now but I only used to get a few spots(sometimes big ones) but now I get alot more. Whats a good face wipe or soemthing that I could use during lunch at work? I have Clearasil face wipes but it has sacylic acid or w/e in it and Ive read you should mixe that with BP plus those make my skin dry/really shiney. I hope the DKR alteast helps keep my acne somewhat under control. Acne is really messing up my life...I'm only 19 and Ive been missing out on so much stuff because of acne. I sit around alot now cause I don't like people seeing me with acne(I dont have acne that bad either like I will have a few small bumps one week and the next big red ones). I used to be really active untill things in my life started to change and since acne has been getting worse. It's makign me even more depressed then I used to be and it has to stop now. I have so many little things in my life that have been making me not enjoy life like I used to and acne is one of the bigger ones.

Hi and welcome.

You can use any gentle unmedicated cleanser with the Regimen. So, if you like the Clearasil for sensitive skin, that is fine to use.

If that Gold Bond is the one I'm thinking of, I do think it is oil-free and non-comedogenic so it should be fine to use as well.

As for throwing tea tree oil in the mix, not a good idea especially as you are beginning the DKR. You want to simplify your regimen and only use what Dan recommends in the first several months. If you need to spot-treat, you can just put an extra blob of BP on at night or you can consider using an AHA lotion to spot treat individual pimples if you feel you need to. As for washing your face with wipes at work, we really recommend you only wash twice a day. If your skin gets oily during the day you can use oil-blotting sheets or a clean dry napkin to blot off the shine. Or if you get sweaty you can blot off with a clean towel or paper towel.

Good luck.

What about just splashing some warm water on my face during lunch and pating it dry with a paper towel? I used to wet a paper towel and scrub my forehead to make some of the shine go away which I stoped doing cause I know it's not doing any good. lol Its hot/dusty/dirty where I work well if your constantly picking up dirty boxes like I do and my face feels so nasty by the end of the day.

Also, I heard about this light/lazer treatment for acne a while ago and just today I found a few videos about it. They have used this technology in europe for a few years now but it just recently got aproved to be used in the us or something along those lines. I know theres a place near me that offers something like that and also you can buy these light things called acne lamps that use light waves from LEDs to kill acne bacteria. I thought it was a a scam from the first time I saw it but the videos I watched were from different news channels cover this way to treat acne. I actually think I might give it a shot. I almost ordered one of those lamps earlier today which range from $100-$600 but I think I would rather cough up some dough to get it done. I'm not sure if it would affect anything once I start DKR.

What about just splashing some warm water on my face during lunch and pating it dry with a paper towel? I used to wet a paper towel and scrub my forehead to make some of the shine go away which I stoped doing cause I know it's not doing any good. lol Its hot/dusty/dirty where I work well if your constantly picking up dirty boxes like I do and my face feels so nasty by the end of the day.

Well, the thing is even splashing can potentially rinse off the BP. Can you just blot during the day and then do your second Regimen application after you get home from work?

If that is just not possible and you have to rinse at work, well just try it and see, keep in mind that if you don't get good results in time, you may need to eliminate that rinsing.

I used to do that with the rip off brand of pro active and it worked untill I got this warehouse job. Only could use it after work and before bed...don't have time in the morning to use it. So the BP should help kill bacteria all day long or atleast till I get home from work? The vita stuff says it has a time released formula so I wasn't sure if BP alone would help all day. Thanks for your help so far.