Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have triple clean (triclosan is the main ingredient) I have aveeno clear complexion (saylic acid) and I have proactive. I do not use the proactive. The only part of it I use is the 3rd step the BP lotion. I use the triclosan 2x per day. Morning and Night. This product is a keep for me. The saylic acid works too. WOuld I be able to use the saylic acid in the morning and the BP at night? Meaning morning I use my triple clean and aveeno. Nighttime I use my triple clean and BP. Does this sound ok??

triclosan isnt what i would really advise people to use as an active ingredient in face washes.There is no evidence that it has much effect on the p.acne bacteria.Plus it only kills surface bacteria ie it Doesnt reach into your pores.I wouldnt use BP as it is far worse for your skin IMO than it is good.A good Salicylic Acid wash without any harsh detergents such as SLS used once at night should be adequate enough.Many people go waaaay OTT with their regimes and seem to forget your skin is an organ that can take care of itself.All you need to do is stop dead skin cells clogging pores by using a simple SA facewash.Your skin will do the rest.It isnt an overnight miracle cure but in the long run your skin will thank you for it. :ninja:

triclosan isnt what i would really advise people to use as an active ingredient in face washes.There is no evidence that it has much effect on the p.acne bacteria.Plus it only kills surface bacteria ie it Doesnt reach into your pores.I wouldnt use BP as it is far worse for your skin IMO than it is good.A good Salicylic Acid wash without any harsh detergents such as SLS used once at night should be adequate enough.Many people go waaaay OTT with their regimes and seem to forget your skin is an organ that can take care of itself.All you need to do is stop dead skin cells clogging pores by using a simple SA facewash.Your skin will do the rest.It isnt an overnight miracle cure but in the long run your skin will thank you for it. :ninja:

Jaffa, you'll be a good sales representative for this Salicylic facewash :).

My shit is very mild. And basically hormonal. I used to have acne pretty bad when I was younger. I am 19 now. I am in complete shape. I am 200 lbs ripped. I am really into my diet and training. I just have a few places. Like they popped up and they are red and painful. I started just doing that green tea toner where you take tea bags and put the water from them on your skin.

Jaffa, you'll be a good sales representative for this Salicylic facewash :).