Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetshotpfhs

Is it okay to drink just this one night???

Tonight is my senior prom and there is definitely going to be some alcohol after it.

I've been on Accutane for almost two months. I started at 80 mg/day and now I'm on 40 mg/day. Will this one night be okay to drink?

No it won't. If you want to drink, you have to stop taking accutane a few days before you do heavy drinking, because both tane and alcohol put strain on your liver. (Which you need to live by the way).

Limit yourself to, at the most, 2 beers for the entire evening. There are a few people who can combine alcohol and accutane, but chances are you aren't one of them. If you wanna risk drinking this evening while still on accutane, there's a really good chance you'll just end up sick, and maybe even end up in the hospital.

As an alternative, you can stop taking your accutane today, tomorrow and the day after, and then maybe you'll be able to drink a bit more than just 2 beers. But the problem is, because you posted this message too late, I assume you took your pills yesterday and the day before. Accutane stays in your body, so heavy drinking tonight is a big risk.

Either way, the worst thing you could do is take a couple drinks, get buzzed or whatever, lose your inhibition, drink some mo' and get really really drunk. If you do decide to drink (which I personally wouldn't), make sure you have someone watching you to make sure you don't drink too much.

No it won't. If you want to drink, you have to stop taking accutane a few days before you do heavy drinking, because both tane and alcohol put strain on your liver. (Which you need to live by the way).

Limit yourself to, at the most, 2 beers for the entire evening. There are a few people who can combine alcohol and accutane, but chances are you aren't one of them. If you wanna risk drinking this evening while still on accutane, there's a really good chance you'll just end up sick, and maybe even end up in the hospital.

As an alternative, you can stop taking your accutane today, tomorrow and the day after, and then maybe you'll be able to drink a bit more than just 2 beers. But the problem is, because you posted this message too late, I assume you took your pills yesterday and the day before. Accutane stays in your body, so heavy drinking tonight is a big risk.

i drank on accutane a few times. i didn't get hammered, but i didn't just drink 2 beers. it may vary person to person, but i am fine after it. my blood tests were always perfect, so who knows.

if your liver tests are ok drinking one night shouldn't be a problem, stopping accutane a few days before isn't going to make a difference, since it stays in your system anyway.

if your liver tests are ok drinking one night shouldn't be a problem, stopping accutane a few days before isn't going to make a difference, since it stays in your system anyway.