Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I made a thread the other day and mentioned i hadnt seen my girlfriend for a fair few weeks now because she had been ill. Ive wanted to see her so much but part of me has been glad that i havnt seen her because i then dont worry about my face to much. Anyway she told me last night she will be coming out tonight, so what happens? My face breaks out the most it ever has!! I am so afraid of going tonight and im not sure what she will think of me.

Why do these things always happen at the most inconvenient times!!!!

My guess is the sudden surge of worryness and stress you get before the time, and it builds up over night.

I know exactly how you feel man. The only girl I like, I can only see once a week, and I always plan on talking to her then. But then, almost perfectly sequenced like a movie, my face breaks out.

Good luck man. I'm sure your girlfriend will understand that you've been ill, so its natural you won't look in your tip top shape. Just tell her that.

i know how u all feel. it happened to me at prom and it happened to me when i was with my long distance bf. Basically, from a girl's perspective... she likes u for who u are. u most likely picked the right girl who is really into you and doesn't see the acne. besides a lot of people break out.... she's seen it before. When my boyfriend broke out (and I was clear at the time) .. it didn't bother me and I LOVE :wub: how he didn't let it get him down... it would get me down especially before and he and i would fight. Don't let the acne destroy something good.

BTw, it's better to be with someone who can accept you for your acne, then hide it or avoid seeing them because of it. What happens if you gain weight or get old (with wrinkles)... it becomes a superficial relationship....

Well....the night out with her was very good, we both said we loved each other for the first time which i liked very much :) She also said that she meant it and its not her just saying it like many people do and dont mean it.

The walk home though was awful, getting outside from the club and my life was back to normal. I just thought about how bad my face was and how bad it was going to look in the morning, and my girlfriend would see it. I cried rather bad on the walk to my friends house where we stayed. My friend was supportive and my girlfriend was rather drunk so she wasnt to aware what was happening. I never said what was wrong with me though, and i now see it acne is not ruining my life when im just at home, its affecting my life outside badly enough for me to cry infront of people i know.

This morning i looked terrible, and i cant see my girlfriend wanting me anymore. I hate to look at myself in the mirror, so why would she choose to look at me when she can quite easily escape? Life is completely horrible at the moment, i feel so much for this girl like no one before and the experience is been drastically ruined.

thats so awesome, love is in the air

and about her not wanting you anymore because of acne, are you serious? she just told you that she loved you

thats so awesome, love is in the air

and about her not wanting you anymore because of acne, are you serious? she just told you that she loved you

Try and cherish her and the moments you have now, don't let the acne get in your way.

Have u ever heard anyone tell someone, "I love you because you had clear skin?".

Loving someone and being loved is one of the biggest things in life to have. Some ppl aren't fortunate to have it.

Love can be everlasting, but not always forever-- if you really love her, don't worry about what your skin is like. Theres always ways out there where it can be treated.

And if she really loves you, your skin wouldn't be a problem to her.

Don't let you confidence and your acne sunk down this relationship. Its not like its incurable.. if you let this get to you, one day when shes gone, you'll come to realize what you've lost.. and this pain will be much much greater

Try and cherish her and the moments you have now, don't let the acne get in your way.

Have u ever heard anyone tell someone, "I love you because you had clear skin?".

Loving someone and being loved is one of the biggest things in life to have. Some ppl aren't fortunate to have it.

Love can be everlasting, but not always forever-- if you really love her, don't worry about what your skin is like. Theres always ways out there where it can be treated.

Don't let you confidence and your acne sunk down this relationship. Its not like its incurable.. if you let this get to you, one day when shes gone, you'll come to realize what you've lost.. and this pain will be much much greater

I understand what you mean completely, and theres no way i will let this affect our relationship. I didnt particularly want to go out last night due to how i looked, but the thought of been able to see her made me go.

My confidence level has never been to great, but having my face covered in spots is doing nothing to boost it, and i just worry that she might not want to be with me because of my skin. As you say though that skin shouldnt be a problem. I do recall when i was at her house one time and she had this programme on, something like Top 100 sexy something. I cant remember who it was and although they dont have acne now, there face had some scarring due to it and they mentioned this on the programme, and my girlfriend just said who cares. So i hope thats how she feels about my acne.

Im seeing how much i like her now and i just want to be perfect for her. Of course no one is perfect, but she feels like it to me, and i want her to think that about me. My emotions are just going crazy at the moment and i just seem to be crying an awful lot today.

she's your gf - she loves you so you don't have anything to worry about. if she loves you just when your face is clear then you don't need her anyway.

go see her and have a good time!

I dont know what is wrong with me at the moment, im just finding this so hard to deal with. I have pretty much cried and felt terrible all day long so far. My face looks horrible and i have absolutely no idea how i can sort it out, everything ive tried failed.

Throughout my school and college days i always wanted a girlfriend, i just always the feeling of been wanted. Instead i just got called ugly etc which shattered my confidence. With that all behind me though and no longer having to see those people that have said things, its no longer other people making me hate myself but its my own body. I just cant believe how ive found something ive always wanted and my face just times it right to destroy itself. Inside its killing me right now, and i dont know how much longer i can fight this.

I dont know what is wrong with me at the moment, im just finding this so hard to deal with. I have pretty much cried and felt terrible all day long so far. My face looks horrible and i have absolutely no idea how i can sort it out, everything ive tried failed.

Throughout my school and college days i always wanted a girlfriend, i just always the feeling of been wanted. Instead i just got called ugly etc which shattered my confidence. With that all behind me though and no longer having to see those people that have said things, its no longer other people making me hate myself but its my own body. I just cant believe how ive found something ive always wanted and my face just times it right to destroy itself. Inside its killing me right now, and i dont know how much longer i can fight this.

You're the only one that can overcome this.

Learn to love yourself Paul.