Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was looking at this site about Vitamin B5 http://www.skinb5.com/how.asp and it looks good. I was wondering, is anyone else using this while on Accutane? And does it work well? I'm not thinking about taking it exclusively for the acne, but also for it's other benefits. What do you guys think? Should I consult my derm first or is it something that won't affect me much?

Edit: I just read that it contains Vitamin A. That can't be good. Maybe taking Vitamin B5 alone would be better. What do you guys think?

Hey guys...I just got some Omega 3 and multivitamin (Borecca) pills. Will these actually help with my Accutane course and help reduce the side-effects? Will they also help with healing my acne any quicker??

When I asked my derm if vitamin B5 would help, she just laughed and said she's never heard of anyone treating acne with vitamin B before. She said it would only make things worse.

I'd say stick to your accutane and be patient. Your acne will be gone soon, just forget about all other crazy supplies that might help you faster. Accutane is currently the best way to treat acne on a long-term basis.

Yeah but I'm not only taking them for acne. Just to prevent some of the side-affects of Accutane. I wouldn't think they would make things worse...would it?