Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

I just have to write this down here because I seriously can't tell anybody about how I feel. As far as I can say this by myself, I'm probably suffering under severe depressions since my acne started. Thanks to accutane I was clear for about 5 years but then it kept coming back and I've got even worse depressions since then. The acne is far from as bad as it was 5 years ago but I can't live with that anymore. I'm 23 and a nobody thanks to this. I can't achieve anything in my life because I always think I'm too ugly and have no self confidence at all anymore. I've been again on accutane for a year now, however very low dose treatment, sometimes 10mg a day, sometimes 20, at the moment 10 though. Sometimes I was completely clear, and sometimes (like now) I have about 3 little pimples. The pimples are of course a probem, but the worst is that I've been on this shit treatment (sorry...) for a year now with no end in sight, I'm flaky all over my body (if I undress in the evening I have everywhere white flakes under my shirt from my skin...veeeery nice) and pimples still pop up. Besides that I hate everything else about my look of course. I've been clear the past two weeks and now pimples are popping up again, right on time! Because in 3 days, I'll have the most important test I've ever had in my life. I finally could fulfill the dream since I've been a little child, becoming an airline pilot. But I haven't been able to learn the past few days because I'm so depressed and think I am a nobody and have no chance of passing this one.And I just don't see the sense in learning because I think I'm too ugly, looking to young and emotionally unstable, so they will never let me pass this test. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm 23, single for 3 years, I hate EVERYTHING about myself, my look, my character, seriously everything, and if I fail this test (I missed to mention that I only have one chance doing this test..) I don't have any hope or dreams anymore. If I wouldn't be so afraid I probably already have ended this life. It just sucks, everyday it's sufferin nothing more.

Had to get this off my chest...nobody of my friends or family know how I feel and they never will, unless they will have to attend a funeral some day...

Have a nice weekend...

and if I fail this test (I missed to mention that I only have one chance doing this test..) I don't have any hope or dreams anymore.

Don't fail then. Concentrate on ur test now, worry about the things u hate later!

I'm 23, single for 3 years, I hate EVERYTHING about myself, my look, my character, seriously everything,

Just to let u know, I am 24, single for 24 years!

I don't like my look too!

Hey, check your mailbox I just sent you a personal message. You just wrote my life story man. Everything. I totally understand and feel everything you do.

perhaps you should postpone the test until you are feeling better. the acne will go away eventually. three little pimples isn't the end of the world although i know how it feels when you've been on accutane so long and still get them. the flakes are alarming until i got used to them. are you moisturizing? i use cetaphil cream all over. if im lazy i just take a bath in tepid water with some mineral oil that is a lazy way to moisturize.

maybe an antidepressant can help although a side effect could be weight gain which might make ur feelings about your appearance worse.

do you exercise? get the blood pumping with a jog that helps.