Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

Okay..so here's the deal. I've had acne ever since I was in middleschool. Nothing serious, just the little bit that every teen goes through. My skin used to be fine. I still don't have horrible acne, but it leaves behind bad red marks. It's also getting to me psycologically...a lot. I've tried a numerous amount of treatments, including a laser therapy I spent $1000 on with absolutely no positive results. I've tried plenty of topicals, birth control pills, changing my diet, vitamins and supplements, antibiotics, and so far..nothing. I just want to see how everyone feels about accutane. I feel like it's the only thing I haven't tried. For those of you that have used it, does it work on blackheads and whiteheads? That's what I mainly get, but in their later stages they turn into something much worse and scar, but I get my fair share of inflammed ones as well. My dermatologist through my insurance says that "it doesn't work at all on 'that' type of acne" (reffering to blackheads and whiteheads) and from what I've read that's a load of bull. Also, has anyone had experience with taking it for milder acne? I know what a lot of people say on here.."Don't take it because it's a harsh drug." But nothing could be much harsher than what this is putting me through. I'm sure there are a lot of people than can relate. I've been to an outside derm that told me he would prescribe it. I guess I'm really just looking for some advice. Also, has anyone taken it with normal/dry skin? A majority of people who have taken it reffer to themselves an "an oil slick." I have never experienced that..I've always been more on the dry side. I'm just confused and I feel like this is my last hope! Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!